Hi from B.C.

Hi All,

Greetings from the land of Lumberjacks and cast off Batus Trucks.

I picked up a 1983/85(?) SIII 109 last year and am in the process of going through the mechanics prior to working on the body and paint. Still havent decided whether or not to go original...see attached.

I have a detailed web site of work to date and what history I do know of the truck.

Cheers,

www.freewebs.com/83S3109

11-18-2007 10;00;20PM.jpg

Yo Bellacoola from BC,

There's always room for one more on the Land Rover Ward of the Asylum.

I've just spent a very enjoyable half hour viewing your splendid website, thanks. The first 'photo in the Redneck 2008 series looks just like our local Cheddar Gorge here in Somerset.

Yes there are actually quite a few. A lot are x-BATUS trucks like my own, some NAS trucks, and quite a few imports. We only have the 15 year rule as opposed to the states that has to wait 25 years.

Check out my clubs link

http://www.Roverlanders.bc.ca

We've been featured a few times in LRM. Great bunch of guys.

Any idea on how I can find out some additional information on the ex-military usage of my truck? 77-KC-64

Thanks in advance.

Hey there, Welcome to the friendly forum...

I've seen the remnants of a few Batus LRs down in Aldergrove BC with IMS - the film prop company run by Ian Newby who has a huge fleet of amazing kit. I got a warm welcome from him and the lads at the Western Command Association MV group in BC - (this was back in 2002). We're going back to BC in 2009 and plan to move up north from Vancouver visiting family friends and so on....