CVRT Guidence/Advice Before Purchase

grumpygit1974

Hello all

I am looking at the possibility of purchasing a CVRT soon, once I have confirmed where it will be stored and gained my “H license”. Would any of you fine people be willing to give me a walk around and a little guidance of what to look for before I purchase? I will be going to Beltring arriving on the Saturday midday I think.

I know that I must be a little mad but over the years I they have grown on me and I relish the challenge that the maintenance will bring:-D!!

Thanks in advance

Chris thanks I will find you and introduce my self!!.

It have been a strange few years for me and my mates, there used to be about nine of use that used to go to the shows but over the past few years we have all gone out separate ways, with things like marriages and kids and even work getting in the way, shame but it happens.

So we have got some 12x12s and 9x9 to sell as I am sick of storing them in my shed and we cant see the group getting together again :-( shame but it happens.

I am still interested in the MV world :-D I want a different challenge now apart from land rovers!!

Chris thanks I will find you and introduce my self!!.

It have been a strange few years for me and my mates, there used to be about nine of use that used to go to the shows but over the past few years we have all gone out separate ways, with things like marriages and kids and even work getting in the way, shame but it happens.

So we have got some 12x12s and 9x9 to sell as I am sick of storing them in my shed and we cant see the group getting together again :-( shame but it happens.

I am still interested in the MV world :-D I want a different challenge now apart from land rovers!!

If you are seriously outing the tentage don't forget the ads section and the HMVF video ads site!! Could well be interested in one myself depending on the £££'s :)

Hi All

Thanks for the offers gents I will certainly take them up over the “Beltring” experience!.

As for the tents I will be taking 3 x 12x12 and two 2x9x9 (one a wolf 9x9) All are the genuine military issue not a lesser copy, if any one is interested then please PM me after all I do not want to take then home and they MUST BE SOLD!!!

• 3 weeks later...
We'll have one of our Spartans there too. Ask for Mike or Vince on the Gulf War display.

- Mike

Many thanks the chris and Mike and Vince and the gent with the spartan witht the floatation screens whos name escapes me at the Mo:confused:.

It was a good learning experence and i have been pointed in the direction of Andy Baker. But i am in no rush but i have decided on eather a spartan or a smaritan!! just a few more things to sort out and i will start looking to purchase!:yay:

Many thanks the chris and Mike and Vince and the gent with the spartan witht the floatation screens whos name escapes me at the Mo:confused:.

It was a good learning experence and i have been pointed in the direction of Andy Baker. But i am in no rush but i have decided on eather a spartan or a smaritan!! just a few more things to sort out and i will start looking to purchase!:yay:

Hi Grumpygit -

I wouldn't rule out an FV432 - free fuel, low maintanence, easy to drive, pretty bomb proof, road legal. Cheaper to purchase too.

Downside - Weight 15 tons - so if you are going any distance - it's a low loader. Then again - I completed 150 miles for one show.

Markheliops

If you like the CVRT Samaritan, then you should also look at Sultan, lots of interesting CES and room to sleep in the back at shows (especially if you deloy the penthouse tent).

I do know if one for sale :)

If you like the CVRT Samaritan, then you should also look at Sultan, lots of interesting CES and room to sleep in the back at shows (especially if you deloy the penthouse tent).

Hello,

Yes i know that you have got one for sale!! this may seen strange but i even know who you are!! and you are not to far from me:yay:.

I have sent you a PM - but i am about three to four months away from being in a position to purchase (need to re-moragage first!!) and sell a 101.

I was there when 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars took delivery of our brand new, first production run Sultans in 1979 and fitted them with Larkspur. At the recent Light Dragoons Regimental Association weekend, I made a bee-line for Command Troop's Sultans, set up as Battle Group HQ.

I recognised the water tank underneath the commander's cupola. I reckon everything else had changed in the intervening 29 years. Of all the things I wanted to photograph, this was the one place they wouldnt let me. (Bowman is still very hush-hush. I could tell you about the operating system that the laptops run off ... but then I'd have to kill you.)

I did my best with the sales pitch for your one David....

Nigel is the chap with the float screen Belgian Spartan. Thanks for the water too.

Aha.... nigel now that i know your name:-D (brain like a sieve) thanks for your input as well!!!.

No worries about the water - i did walk past later and i saw it on display!!!