My 1945 GMC with 1943 Ben Hur & My 1944 M-20 Armored car

DocCBritt

Gladly, right now the M-20 is in the recovery stage. I've pulled the fenders and skirts off her, and I sprayed down all the break adjusters with PB Blaster and let them soak. The breaks are frozen to the drums and the vehicle is frozen where she's parked for the moment. I may have to pull a driveshaft to get her rolling as all the shift linkages are frozen as well so the tranny won't shift.

Not looking forward to crawling under the M-20 if I have to, as I have already come across a few snakes that are living under and around her. Being in a confined space on my back with snakes crawling around is not "High on my list" of fun things to do.

I also forgot to mention the CCKW and the Ben Hur both came from your side of the pond. My CCKW is from Norway and the Ben Hur from Belgium.

Edited by DocCBritt

Blimey, and we worry about Adders, which mostly scuttle a mile if you say Boo. Adds a whole new adventure to military vehicle restoration, spanners, hammer, larger hammer, snake bite kit. :shake: Amazing where the kit has actually been. You'll have to find the excuse to bring it all back over.:-D

Well, it was a productive day today. The fenders and skirts are off, and came off with less aggravaition than expected, but still a pain.

Got the break adjusters loose and the break shoes to back off where they were frozen to the drums. And amazingly the tires all took air and are holding....

All of this done in 97 degree temp's, no shade and the lovely smell of a bloated dead cat 5 feet away from the M-20. (I think the snakes got it)

And I found out that fire ants were living under the flat spotted tires on the M-20, and were really upset with me when I inflated the tires...... So the one hand I had on the ground while working got bit up before I knew what was happening.... A nice buring itch that lasts for hours..... I dont think you have them over there do you? You are really missing out if you dont!

Nice GMC

About fire ants..don't know if we have them in the Netherlands...

But we do have Wasps!! Got stung 4 times when I was clearing a storage space and upset a nest.

My left hand looks a bit like a inflated glove (nothing mayor though, it just itches a bit).

Well good luck at the restauration with all that wildlife about.