new 109 landrover

ok so the new landrover is here now and i have a week to get everything done so can register it before ardingly:cool2:

have discovered oil leak,no wipers need permant choke

rear crossmember and a side member need welding and need to source all the bulbs

started on the work this afternoon mainly cosmetic like changing the tilt,tyres and removing rotten battery frame from rear

its reg was 19gn08 and it was demombed from 29 cdo regt ra back in 98

dcp_1645.jpg

dcp_1646.jpg

dcp_1648.jpg

dcp_1643.jpg

dcp_1647.jpg

latest update

oil cooler pipe knackered at bottom hose getting a new one made

lights slowly working with new bulbs

welding done with help from bj:cool2::cool2:

passenger fuel tank us luckly i had a spare

front brakes are all being changed

insurance company kgm at lloyds are now holding up work whist i wait for their payment to come througth so if anyone is with them beware:argh::argh:

paintwork will take place at ardingly hopefully with all of easy company with radiator rollers

mot hopefully friday pm

latest update

good news at last:yay::yay::yay:

passed mot this morning

went to brighton to register it and it now has a civi number s reg

so taxed and tested and it will make ardingly this weekend :cool2::cool2:

but cookhouse could be short of food as cost over £200 quid today so army rations are a probability

if anyone is coming to ardingly please say hello

a very relieved ex rmp

good show david, my lorry now has head back on but need to do tappets and put carb on, one valve was left at engineers place on last fri so could not refit at weekend, and now weather today, as doing job o natural will not make ardingly now :cry: might see you at w and p if i can get through the mud in gateway.

regards graham

latest update

good news at last:yay::yay::yay:

passed mot this morning

went to brighton to register it and it now has a civi number s reg

so taxed and tested and it will make ardingly this weekend :cool2::cool2:

but cookhouse could be short of food as cost over £200 quid today so army rations are a probability

if anyone is coming to ardingly please say hello

a very relieved ex rmp

Nice one, David.

Won't be at Ardingly,........seemed to have 'picked up', this flu- snotty chest bug thing thats going about;( joys of going in and out of Hospitals.......... :sweat:already had it a week now :cry:

looking really now to trying to get fit for w&p next weekend.

Andy

Pass my regards on to all at ardingly, and have a good one.

Nice one, David.

Won't be at Ardingly,........seemed to have 'picked up', this flu- snotty chest bug thing thats going about;( joys of going in and out of Hospitals.......... :sweat:already had it a week now :cry:

looking really now to trying to get fit for w&p next weekend.

Picked mine up at Kemble had it about 10 days now starting to feel better just in time to recatch it at W&P

BRILLIANT MATE!!! Glad the Ol Lady is back in work. You and BJ must have been working till midnight (in his suit boys! I kid you not! He works on vehicles in a SUIT!!) The MV gods were smiling as the RL is now running as well. :-D

ok so the new landy made it ok to ardingly and seems to be running ok towing a full trailer and the loadbed full as well

still a little bit bumpy as the springs settle down but a very good run

nearly ran out of clutch fluid but lucally phil reminded me to check the resivour and it was empty so possibly a leak there

need still to replace the speedo gear spigot thing and paint her before the next show at ringmer in sussex but with pressure now off i can take my time and do things right

next set of photo's will be taken at ringmer show

now a happy bunny

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
succesfully. The short bit from slave cylinder round bulkhead .

:nono::nono::nono:NEver had that.9 out of ten slave leaks into bellhousing done dozens,make sure theres no fluid running down pedal ,if so recomend you do both,use genuine if you can.:-D

Trying to remember the history of leacks on this one. Remember a fortnight ago it was sitting in the yard, having come out of Withams a couple of years ago, having sat for who knows how long in some army base. Dave has done about 6 months work in a couple of weeks on the beast. If all thats happening is a leack, great result.

Trying to remember the history of leacks on this one. Remember a fortnight ago it was sitting in the yard, having come out of Withams a couple of years ago, having sat for who knows how long in some army base.

Keep posting, the holes getting bigger:coffee: