Big Russian truck gallery

Correct the truck with the mudguards that slant away towards the door is a Ural 375. Those with wrap round bumbers are ZIL 131s. The Praga is a V3S and if I remember correctly was captured by the British in Suez. It used to be dark green, but I've seen snaps of kit being brought back from Egypt in 1956 and they were desert colour then.

You're right- it's a strange arrangement.... but I think it's a great looking truck. I've been in it, round the Duxford runway snapping the DX show cavalcade out of the roof hatch. Hilarious fun. I'm not sure if it's the same cab as the ATLM. I would think that came from a ZiL or GaZ from the period. It was good to see the BAT-M, too. I never tire of that beast. I'm really hoping the chap with the ZIL 135 missile carrier brings it to the Hop Farm this year. With the missiles added it looks even better and needs to be snapped.

MB

Edited by Snapper

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this site and saying 'Hi' to everyone - I'm into Russian military trucks and run the website http://www.zil131.com/ Amongst my 'toys' I own the twin engine Zil 135 and have recently added some missiles which need repainting matt :( - I'm still thinking of taking it to Beltring but on my last outing to a local show could only manage 1.3 Gallons per mile and as the show is nearly 200 miles away and without the prospect of help with transport I'm not too sure whether I'll be there. Amongst my other Toys I have an Ural 375, Zil 131, Zil 433182 (V8 diesel), Kraz 255b (currently being restored), Uaz 469 Jeep and a couple of Uaz 452 Vans - I'm on the look out for a Maz 543 if anyone comes accross one - I know there was one at Duxford but I'm not sure if its still there.

All the best

Rob

IMGP1964.jpg

Edited by Rob Reznik

Nice to have you here Rob,

There is also an Introductions and Welcomes section for any members who don't surf the CCCP end of the HMVF spectrum. So, feel free to say hello there as well. If you've won the lottery, I hope we'll see you at Beltring with the big Zil - otherwise, let us know what you're bringing before you set off.

cheers

MB

Just found this site and saying 'Hi' to everyone - I'm into Russian military trucks and run the website http://www.zil131.com/ Amongst my 'toys' I own the twin engine Zil 135 and have recently added some missiles which need repainting matt

Welcome Rob - you couldn't find the "THUNDERBIRDS" fansite then? :-D

Respect for even considering taking that beast to Beltring!

Had a quick look through the OSMA underground pipework catalogue and you're right, they don't offer matt finish in this size - I really hope they are just plastic pipes......:shake:

I'm out of this thread before I get ideas like Rcubed did once (in his pre-kitchen duty days)

Had a quick look through the OSMA underground pipework catalogue and you're right, they don't offer matt finish in this size - I really hope they are just plastic pipes......:shake:

I went to see Rob and his trucks last weekend, especially the Zil135. The "missiles" are fabricated from steel pipe complete with welded guidance fins and smaller tubes at the rear for the rocket motors.

Rob doesn't do things by half - they look very good until you stand behind them and realise there is nothing inside the pipes.

The sound of 2 x 7 litre V8 petrols running in unison in a workshop is something to behold!

Edited by Nissedasapewt

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...