Hello from East Cornwall - 1943 Matchless G3L

Today I became the very proud owner of a 1943 Matchless G3L. The bike is in orginal colours and equipment and not demobbed after the war, At some time in its career it "joined" the Provost Company of the 48th Division and remained in the service and acquired a Royal Military Police ER II transfer to the tank. On the side of the tank is a painted over panel that reads "Military Motorcycle Museum" (interesting !!!) As soon as I get the paperwork I should be able to find out when it was demobbed. The C# is C4842901.

Will keep the forum posted.

Regards

Ian

It's always a thrill to find something that hasn't been mucked about with and your Matchless sounds quite a find. Sadly, I'm old enough to remember Pride and Clark Ltd in London selling as new, still in their wooden crates, WW11 motorcycles for about £15 in the early 1960's. It would be nice to see some pictures of your Matchless posted on the forum.

Welcome , there are a several other members who are looking for information on Military motorcycles as well as their use with sidecar's by the way. So the more owners the better . Just make sure to use the approved two or three wheel vehicle parking area's lest it be used as a tire chock by Very Large Vehicle crowd !!!

Yep, I consider myself very lucky to have found it (he/she) and only 20 miles from where I live. I really wanted something in original condition rather than a rebuild and was willing to travel the whole of the UK to find one :-). Will post more pictures later.

nice looking bike , a friend owns a Norton 500 , would like to get one myself , but still so much work to do on my trucks