Unhappy little bunny right now.....

RSSRobot

Events yesterday turned into a right fiasco.!!

After having been told the OT was being collected I organised access to it's storage location at Gt Yeldham (should have had keys issued by now - but the council inspectors broke the key in the lock and the chap responsible is currently in hospital...) and then drove up with Jason (AMVG) and the daughter Mk 1 to get the OT out from the garage at Russian Military. Once there we tried fitting the PKT into the turret. First we had a 7.62mm ammo canister stuck in the mount then we found a mounting slide was required. Having checked the other OT's in the yard, none of them had the slide in so Richard is trying to get one from the Czech's together with the KVPT. Failing that his merry band of fitters might fabricate one (Slide that is, not the KV).

Once done we sat back and waited for the low-loaded. And waited.... And waited.....

We'd had a call at 10:15 Hrs saying they were passing the A1/M25 intersection. I rang back around 14:00 and was told a Suzy had burst at Duxford so they had to call a fitter out but were then at the top of the M11 and expecting to arrive in an hour. True enough just over an hour later Richards phone rang with the haulier asking for directions - my mobile by then having a flat battery. This went on for another hour and a half until we decided it would be best to go find him and guide him in. We found him about 5 minutes drive from the yard but as we pulled up behind him he pulled off... So Richard rang him to tell him we were right behind and if he turned around we were minutes from the yard. Only to be told they'd had enough and were going home!!!!

So the OT is STILL up at March and I used up £50 worth of diesel getting there and back for more or less nothing - so I'm not a happy bunny, even after sleeping on it overnight.

Now I've done what I maybe I should have done before - got Richard to arrange for it to be shipped down rather than trying to organize it myself. Just waiting to hear when his firm can do it. And how much... One day it will get home!!!

Just heard the transport firm have collected the OT - it's staying in their yard overnight and will be delivered at around 10:00 tomorrow morning. :yay: :yay:

As Jason just reminded me on the phone - tomorrow is the 13th AND it's a Friday!! :shake: :shake: So I told him not to stand anywhere near the sides of he trailer as the OT is being reversed off!!!! :):)

start sacrificing hoodies to the God's NOW!!! Best of luck, don't forget to charge camera batteries!:yay:

my camera batteries are already charged for the photo's of neil's ot-90