PM's..... flag?

john fox

Not sure I understand this one??? if someone is sending you a PM it must be for a purpose...

You have the option in your User CP to set who you receive PM's from...

Is anyone else having problems with unsolicited PMs?? if so please let us know.

Private MessagingThis forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system. Enable Private Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

Edited by Marmite!!

Don't take this seriously as i was feeling rather frustrated yesterday but I actually meant the other way round Lee - ie. I send one to someone else who can't be bothered to respond. Would be nice to know if I'm on their ignore list before I waste my time

Don't take this seriously as i was feeling rather frustrated yesterday but I actually meant the other way round Lee - ie. I send one to someone else who can't be bothered to respond. Would be nice to know if I'm on their ignore list before I waste my time

You can tick the box at the bottom of the message to see if they have read it at least.

Would be nice to know if I'm on their ignore list before I waste my time

You would know if you are on their ignore list....

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging

Courtesy means a PM should normally elicit some form of response, if the original message was not insulting or a dig. Maybe the recipient is away or the computer is down. Personally, my admin is not my strong point but hopefully I would always reply to a PM on here. We are all adults with a common interest afterall. I'm with you on this one 00EC25

Edited by Topdog
Hit send too early!