Morris C8 Quad number 5 walkround

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the head off look at all that soot any thoughts.

By the way all damage to the Gasket is all my doing it looks fine otherwise

Doesn't look too bad to me, for an old engine.

Maybe check for cam and valve gear wear and then carb settings on rebuild to get a cleaner burn.

Old engines were never as tight tolerances as newer designs and have more of a tendency to consume a bit of oil.

Mikemids if you fancy a trip to sunny Shoeburyness I will let you do it though it took me a week to get the head off as she is stood on my drive out side in the weather. hoping Warbirds can help will let you know how it goes what with flu baby sitting and the weather and this computor losing my e-mail who knows

• 2 weeks later...
Mikemids if you fancy a trip to sunny Shoeburyness I will let you do it though it took me a week to get the head off as she is stood on my drive out side in the weather. hoping Warbirds can help will let you know how it goes what with flu baby sitting and the weather and this computor losing my e-mail who knows

Ha ha, sorry Morris mate, would love to help out, just to get some experience on them, but i'm afraid i cut my teeth in on mine and that was bad enough, being a builder not a mechanic! so prob best not let me near anything mechanical just yet... though i am studying your pics with interest to see how it all comes apart and fingers crossed, goes back together!?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Its an Autovac unit Mike. Kind of like an early fuel pump, works by suction created by the engine unless someone corrects me. The earlier CS8's FATs CDSWs etc had these.

not forgetting the PU's .

Mike downunder

might be time to get out a nut splitter on the head bolts and or the trusty gas ax and get a few things up to temperature not going to be easy as that engine looks to have been out in the weather for a while . Hoping for the best of luck for you .

Well I got down the fort and with lots of doom and gloom from the local moral boosting team in residence I got some of the ancillerys off Sheared off a clutch bolt and rounded another and the head and starter bolts are being a *****

now thats not nice lol,we always give moral support!!!!!!and the usual breakdown service lol