WWII Ambulance vehicles

abn deuce

This is more like I had been looking for other vehicles than standard Ambulances being used to move wounded.Note the second vehicle White Halftrack .

"French troops supported by American tanks during the fighting of the Italian campaigns. Location: Italy Date taken: August 1944"

frenchtroopsItaly1944.jpg

It's a "Semovente da 75/18" - Not too sure about the chassis it's mounted on - it could be a M40/41/42, but I'd guess that it's on the later M42 (the main differences are at the rear though)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Your right on that David i never noticed that, here are a couple more Katys

Thanks for that Les, I liked the airfield shot. I think I first saw the Longbridge picture in "Old Motor" and since then I've been looking for one of their magic paint brushes that don't need a pot of paint to go with it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks Radek, should be posting a few more pctures of it. Might title it the worst K2 ehat has been atempted! By the time it was taken out of the scrapyard and I had stopped in the first layby to cut bits off that would have fallen off anyway, there was nothing left of the cab. I was left thinking, what have I got myself into here.

Jerry

Thanks Radek, should be posting a few more pctures of it. Might title it the worst K2 ehat has been atempted! By the time it was taken out of the scrapyard and I had stopped in the first layby to cut bits off that would have fallen off anyway, there was nothing left of the cab. I was left thinking, what have I got myself into here.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

please start a restoration blog here http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/forumdisplay.php?22-Blogs-of-MV-restorations I'm sure members would like to follow your progress start to finish.

Cheers Lee