Albion CX22

Davie

Here are some photos of the ongoing cab repairs to my Albion. All the wood around the doors, and below the windscreens was totally rotten. I carefully removed glass, door and panels where required from the drivers side which allowed the rotten wood to be taken out. Then I called Dave Denton. Dave is a joiner, He also owed me fortyseven hours of labour as I had rewired his house. He cut new pieces of wood using the old as templates. As I still had to dismantle the passenger side, it was good to be able to use that as a reference as well. Anyway, a picture is worth 1000 words, so have a look at these.

Hi David, Good to see the progress, and at least I now know I was right in thinking the wood work on that cab wasn't any better than it was on mine! Keep all your measurements, I will likely need them as mine will have completely fallen to bits by the time I get round to it.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

John Webster

Hi John, good to hear from you, yes there was a bit more rot than I thought. Some had been hidden by the careful application of body filler. The passenger side is now nearly finished, a couple of more days work should be enough to see it done. I'll stick up some more pics when I have them.

Cheers, Davie.

Great stuff, perhaps you can post your measurements on the forum? We should have a section for this stuff somewhere.. Ideas ideas ideas..

We didn't keep any measurements, but if anyone is desparate i'd be quite happy to measure it and do a drawing.

David

what wood did he use do you know?

I had a stock of nice seasoned oak and mahogany, so we used that. The original wood that I removed was of three different types, Ash, oak and some soft wood. I am pretty sure they had been there since it was built, so, we reckoned that as there was a war on, and vehicles did not have a long life expectancy, anything that was available was used.