Last in the list is NATO Green paint in an aerosol can

LarryH57

Verified colour photographs when in service are the best evidence - esp.  NI   ,  even if you have a good album - you can't say some adornment bolt-on was never done or paint finish never used.  It could be over several years time line there was cross-pollination of Snatch items on Series Rovers - that could be proven with the right photograph.  It's not wise to judge show glam-jobs because you would be in the wrong if positive evidence is turned out , in any case the vehicle owner needs just to say he is demonstrating what was available in time line but using a single vehicle rather than placing offending items on a stall rather than the dropped tail-gate. 

6 hours ago, LarryH57 said:

I have decided to remove the faded union flag stickers as they were obviously applied after the Lwt was cast, by 7th Para RHA. I think plain and simple and realistic is probably best.

I'm therefore having second thoughts about fitting an extra red NATO tow hook on the front bumper, a front ammo box and the '58 Webbing, attached to the side and every wing, plus get rid of the idea of 3 metre wip aerials with union flags attached from the wings and side of the tilt, like so many realistic vehicles I see at MV shows.

The Pegasus emblem on a maroon background was taken off years ago, but were Lwts ever used by Easy Company, of 506th PIR, of the 101st Div? 

No, you need to go for a typical example, something run-of-the-mill.  Like this...poorexample.jpg.05a9a25acd7a66f34d5aa2a64e550fc7.jpg

28 minutes ago, 10FM68 said:

No, you need to go for a typical example, something run-of-the-mill.  Like this...poorexample.jpg.05a9a25acd7a66f34d5aa2a64e550fc7.jpg

It's a pity I can't expand the photograph to close study the details ,  would a L.A.D. actually have a armourer  ? The ones I observed seemed to have a more than adequate example of Rover exhaust systems in the tub and that's all.   The snatch-block on wing top seems a little over-capacity.  He must have been NI based as the door top(s)  anti-brick protection screen seems genuine Snatch ?   To me it has more annoyance than a line up of several  supposed WW2 Jeeps all with a front towing recovery 'A' frame - that nobody seems to adverse comment.  I suppose if you must have a bumper mounted vice - then you can't coil a 2" dia. de riguer recovery rope - which may be of more use, but I can't recall that being an in-service thing.  ISTR  abt. 1980 the Army were testing KERR with Rovers .     I understand red painted wings for bomb-disposal , at least now I am aware white = armourer.  Strange - no amber or blue  ?  beacon or commanders lamp.

9 hours ago, LarryH57 said:

Has that Lwt got a civi cab, with a trunkated tilt behind?

It has all sorts, but, yes, that was the idea, it seems.  There is also some sort of recovery/lifting device along the rear offside and the weight of the bonnet with all the accoutrements is such that the designer has fitted a winding device to lift it!  It is probably the most horrible 'improvement' of a Lightweight I have ever seen!  

11 hours ago, ruxy said:

The ones I observed seemed to have a more than adequate example of Rover exhaust systems in the tub and that's all.

Actually, you're on the right lines: to be truly accurate there out to be a tractor-style exhaust pipe sticking up through the bonnet.  Oh... and a lot more aerials!

7 hours ago, 10FM68 said:

It has all sorts, but, yes, that was the idea, it seems.  There is also some sort of recovery/lifting device along the rear offside and the weight of the bonnet with all the accoutrements is such that the designer has fitted a winding device to lift it!  It is probably the most horrible 'improvement' of a Lightweight I have ever seen!  

I wondered what that thing was on the rear, lift & carry instead of a underlift it seems - I suppose the tubes on the roof are some sort of jib extension  ?  ,  one may laugh at the two sticks with balls (steering aids for anti-collision ?  )  , however some Dutch  LWT have them on much longer poles.  All in all , must be the very best photograph of the very worst , unless someone knows different.

46 minutes ago, gordonb said:

Usual story, aerials but no radios.

The number of antennas is inversely proportional to the amount of working radio equipment and with a flag on the top even less chance.