Wanted Please!

2 hours ago, john1950 said:

If you cannot get one, I think I have both log and short wheel spanners in the dark box. I would have to go digging to be sure.

Hi John, Very kind of you. But let's wait & see what Wally comes up with first My Friend! 👍

• Like 1

MIKE the biggest at the moment is a tight 38 mm but the lad says we left a couple of old spider type in the shed when we moved so l will go and look let you know a load of 35mm so if you find a 40mm socket you can have one to make it look like the one in the picture

Just a thought, but wouldn’t the trailer wheel nuts be the same as the towing vehicle’s wheel nuts? Have you tried looking at a wheel brace for a GMC CCKW, this being a frequent tow vehicle? The braces do look remarkably similar, and with, if I understand correctly, GMC wheel nuts being 1.5” (38.1mm) a GMC brace seems to be the correct one-

https://jeepest.com/gb/wheels-hubs-cckw352-353/3914-wrench-wheel-nut-gmc.html

post script- i am guessing that you measured a non rusty unpainted unbashed nut to get the 40mm and used a vernier rather than a tape measure! 

Edited by ltwtbarmy

2 hours ago, ltwtbarmy said:

Just a thought, but wouldn’t the trailer wheel nuts be the same as the towing vehicle’s wheel nuts? Have you tried looking at a wheel brace for a GMC CCKW, this being a frequent tow vehicle? The braces do look remarkably similar, and with, if I understand correctly, GMC wheel nuts being 1.5” (38.1mm) a GMC brace seems to be the correct one-

https://jeepest.com/gb/wheels-hubs-cckw352-353/3914-wrench-wheel-nut-gmc.html

post script- i am guessing that you measured a non rusty unpainted unbashed nut to get the 40mm and used a vernier rather than a tape measure! 

Hi, No the prime mover is a dodge. Not handy to be able to conveniently measure a wheel nut on that vehicle.

The nut was measured with a steel ruler.

17 hours ago, wally dugan said:

MIKE the biggest at the moment is a tight 38 mm but the lad says we left a couple of old spider type in the shed when we moved so l will go and look let you know a load of 35mm so if you find a 40mm socket you can have one to make it look like the one in the picture

Hi wally. No the spider type would take up too much room in the vehicle Mate.

It would HAVE to be like the one I showed in the photo.

Sorry I cannot put my hands on it yet, these are all I have found so far. I am sure the one I am looking for has a square in the small end for use on th twin rears of a Ford Sussex and similar. I will keep looking. These are the ones I have found so far.

SAM_2068.JPG

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 4:03 PM, john1950 said:

Sorry I cannot put my hands on it yet, these are all I have found so far. I am sure the one I am looking for has a square in the small end for use on th twin rears of a Ford Sussex and similar. I will keep looking. These are the ones I have found so far.

SAM_2068.JPG

A GMC Brace also has a square hole in the opposite end. & the socket diameter must be 40mm.

Internal square is for the inner tubular wheel nut on a twin wheel axle some GMC 343's had twin fronts to be able to use a front mounted crane. I have not been able to look this week as the weather has been against me and other things, as soon as I can I will start looking again.

20 hours ago, john1950 said:

Internal square is for the inner tubular wheel nut on a twin wheel axle some GMC 343's had twin fronts to be able to use a front mounted crane. I have not been able to look this week as the weather has been against me and other things, as soon as I can I will start looking again.

No pressure John. Just important to get it right Buddy!  Many Thanks.

Mike.