OK, my turn with bad luck, but i'm not keeping it!!!

Bodger Baz

On the way back from Bordon on Sunday i noticed the exhaust was chuffing a touch :|.

Had a quick look at the usual suspect "Flexi pipe", Nope not here! :-(

Looked at the muffler, Nope not here! :-(

check the manifold............OH POO! the stud right at the back is MIA :cry:

So i whip the manifold off to see if it snapped or just wondered off...............................Its snapped off just inside the block :argh: :cry:

To top it off the manifold is cracked in the usual place :argh: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And the flexi pipe snapped when i removed the down pipe from the manifold!!!!!

Guess what im doing this winter??? Who's turn is it with the bad luck? i can post or e-mail :rofl: :tup:

You can have some of my electrics as an attachment if you want. :cry: Took 101 to Biggin Hill yesterday, wipers packed up! Guess when it decided to rain? :oops2: So back into the manual :rtfm:honestly it's like a plumbers nightmare under the dash. that and the :angry: :angry: rain keeps coming in and fusing things.

You can have some of my electrics as an attachment if you want. :cry: Took 101 to Biggin Hill yesterday, wipers packed up! Guess when it decided to rain? :oops2: So back into the manual :rtfm:honestly it's like a plumbers nightmare under the dash. that and the :angry: :angry: rain keeps coming in and fusing things.

At least you didn't get JEEP WIPER ELBOW :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

well things are looking up :-D :tup:

firstly my gas heater is working a treat :rofl:

The engine came out with ease, the four broken manifold studs were as soft as butter to drill and the original threads were chased out and are as good as new :tup: :banana: :banana: :yay:

Overall the engine is in very good condition even with 12,000 miles under the belt :-D going to clean the valves up and lap in the seats for the fun whilst i'm inside :-)

Three of the four manifold joining bolts came out thanks to a lot of copper grease :bow:

Now the expensive part! guess what i have asked Santa to bring this year?

Baz

progress is sweet :tup:, pooped the valves out for a quick clean up.

Now concidering she's done over 12,000 miles and i have never used any lead additives and have always run on unleaded the valves and seats are immaculate......................who needs additives? :dunno:

personally im not suprised, thats why have never bothered with the additives ;-).

But it does make me wonder about all the hype for the need to use adiitives and all the gimics that have come along as a result. some people splash out huge amounts having hardened seats fitted to jeeps and so called "harder" valves.

my own feeling is that a lot of valve problems are down to poor maintenance rather than the type of fuel used, altough im sure there are a few delicate engines out there? :dunno:

Baz

Touch wood never a problem with the Dodge. the 101 does very little milage so I just sling an additive in., but agin that is the low comprsion engine.

Never had a problem with dodge engine either, apart the time a mate took his through the water obstacle at Beltring and filled sump with water :n00b: unfortunately he tried to get home when the big ends siezed to the crank! didn't mind too much i got a load of jeep parts for rebuilding it :-D

Never had a problem with dodge engine either, apart the time a mate took his through the water obstacle at Beltring and filled sump with water :n00b: unfortunately he tried to get home when the big ends siezed to the crank! didn't mind too much i got a load of jeep parts for rebuilding it :-D

which knowing the wagons, how did he manage to fill the engine? Must have been trying, still it obviously ran for a while afterwards.

• 5 months later...

well i'm finally back on the go! (yeah yeah took a while!)

The problems went on and on! After rebuilding the motor and and getting at all back together things did not go swimmingly! first there were fuel problems, dont know how but managed to get some water in the carb! then it would not run right once off choke, lots of head stratching, checking and rechecking found a crack in the inlet manifold! then the carb started playing up and needed a rebuild. After all this its finally running ok, woohoo :-).

So i took her out around some gentle green lanes near Petersfield! whoops seems the heavy rains have washed the lane out and i got the old gal stuck fast at a very steep angle drivers side down! (and the carb could not cope!) with the help of my brothers jeep we got out only to find that the only way out of the lane had been washed out just as bad! nevermind a couple more battle scars to go with the rest!

Anyway glad to be back on the road again and looking forward to summer of rain!

Bazza

DSC00367.jpg