Which country's uniform is this ?

Mark Ellis

6 hours ago, Mk3iain said:

Sweden or Finland maybe ?   Just guessing...

This is Sweden's Coast Artilleri's film of the trial, in March 1962. Longer than the clip that Pathé released.

It shows the Coast artilleri uniform of 1962. 

Edited by Mark Ellis

1 hour ago, Mark Ellis said:

No evidence of any going to South America, especially PV 2.
It was trialled in a number of European countries

My knowledge of dress uniforms is slight: but I was impressed (and possibly geographically diverted) by the moustache and the cap of the generalissimo.  My next guess would have been Spain.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Adrian Dwyer said:

Spanish forage cap 50s/60s vintage.  Looks similar? ($135 on ebay, if anyone was wondering.  Moustache available separately).

Guy with moustache looks like he could be in a different uniform, so perhaps a British spy in the camp

image.jpeg.b8f19e2ca32a6df24843e925e2525b55.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mark Ellis said:

Can anyone please tell me which European country this uniform is?

It's around 1962 / 63.

Thanks

Alvis Stalwart PV2 13 Spain  -   800 -  watermark.jpg

I don't think the still and the video are connected. The video is definitely set somewhere in scandinavia - theres a Swedish or Danish pennant on the patrol boat. Theres also Sam Browne belts worn by the observers - our vaguely south american friends in the still don't have a Sam Browne in sight.

Portugese maybe - I don't think we selling military hardware to the Franco goverment in the 60's......

4 minutes ago, Tarland said:

I don't think the still and the video are connected. The video is definitely set somewhere in scandinavia - theres a Swedish or Danish pennant on the patrol boat. Theres also Sam Browne belts worn by the observers - our vaguely south american friends in the still don't have a Sam Browne in sight.

Portugese maybe - I don't think we selling military hardware to the Franco goverment in the 60's......

Tarland, the video is Sweden's Kustartilleri - in response to Mk3iain's suggestion that the photo was Scandinavian - to show that the photo isn't Scandinavian.