1960s fire extinguisher

kdgipsy

On 7/5/2023 at 6:47 PM, wally dugan said:

well if you think l am wrong then l will apologize to KIETH  for pointing him wrong but l do not  think so there were four sizes of bromide extingusher

I've looked them up and they do look correct to be honest. I've got my dad on the look out for one. 

images.jpeg.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just an update turns out the bracket I pictured initially is an origanal it's also bent. Conveniently it's bent in a perfect 90deg so thrown every one out. 

This is the extinguisher I need but it appears to be fitted upside down is that common? 

Screenshot_20230809_202744_eBay.jpg

2 hours ago, kdgipsy said:

Just an update turns out the bracket I pictured initially is an origanal it's also bent. Conveniently it's bent in a perfect 90deg so thrown every one out. 

This is the extinguisher I need but it appears to be fitted upside down is that common? 

Screenshot_20230809_202744_eBay.jpg

The top is as marked on the top of the bracket as shown in your photo.  That is how they all should be fitted - with the bottle above the nozzle.

Edited by 10FM68

22 hours ago, 10FM68 said:

The top is as marked on the top of the bracket as shown in your photo.  That is how they all should be fitted - with the bottle above the nozzle.

I realise that it says top on that bracket but the one in my friend's gipsy is fitted upside down but believed to be origanal