Humber Pig Drive Shaft

Terra1936

Question

4 answers to this question

If you look underneath you will see a drive shaft passing down from the gear box to the transfer box in front of the rear differential. There is then another shaft that travels forward from the TF box to the front diff.

Check that only 2WD is engaged so that the elbowed lever to the left of the gear stick has its main arm horizontal & not leaning down which is 4WD.

What Mk of Pig is it?

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I am not where the PIG is at. I am trying to get transported. It is a MKII that has been sitting over 10 years. The shifter will not budge. They want to winch on trailer and drop shafts to do it. They asked if tourque tube, but it sounds like open shafts. Thanks for reply!

Well good luck with getting that back home. I will be interested to hear how you get on & any pictures are of interest as I might have come across it before. I might be able to help a bit with the history, sadly when vehicles change hands often important bits of history never seem to make it to the new owner.