Wanted Bedford MK type Mirror Arms

Zero-Five-Two

23 hours ago, Richard Farrant said:

Hi Rob,

As I recall, the modification used RL mirror arms.

Hi Richard, 

I've since been told the same.  Apparently MK ones have a spring loaded retainer at the top.  As John1950 points out they would be quite easy to make, they're only a bit of bent tube at the end of the day

On 12/7/2022 at 10:16 PM, Richard Farrant said:

Hi Rob,

As I recall, the modification used RL mirror arms.

23 hours ago, Zero-Five-Two said:

Hi Richard, 

I've since been told the same.  Apparently MK ones have a spring loaded retainer at the top.

Richard, Rob, these are the RL arms; as Rob says, the MK ones do have the semicircular spring loaded adjustment at the top. I think similar arms were also fitted to TK and TL.

As I recall, the RL arms were themselves a mod, though, the original RL mirror arm being a small stubby thing on the A post. I think the modified arms are Wingard or some such?

They are easy to make (or repair), or there are similar arms available off the shelf from truck spares suppliers, not sure about size though. The MK arms at least are still about as military surplus.

17 hours ago, Sean N said:

As I recall, the RL arms were themselves a mod, though, the original RL mirror arm being a small stubby thing on the A post. I think the modified arms are Wingard or some such?

Correct, if you look at the image for 72FG90 on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/362258363751716602/ it has one of each! The AFC ones retained the short arm on the A pillar.

Edited by radiomike7