Looking for a Works Ticket Holder

Zero-Five-Two

I think this is what I'd know as form 600 wallet ('cos that's what my RAF mate called them). I've got a box full somewhere of about the right era in various conditions.

Content would I think have been Form 600 (FMT600) which I think is what you're referring to as a works ticket; MoD confirmation of liability cover; authority for the journey; recovery instructions; RTA reporting form ( I have some of those somewhere as well, not sure where though); standing orders for drivers; various odd forms.

I'd have thought a copy of the drivers' handbook would be on board as well and anything that got stuffed in there. Richard might know better if he sees this.

2 hours ago, Sean N said:

I think this is what I'd know as form 600 wallet ('cos that's what my RAF mate called them). I've got a box full somewhere of about the right era in various conditions.

Content would I think have been Form 600 (FMT600) which I think is what you're referring to as a works ticket; MoD confirmation of liability cover; authority for the journey; recovery instructions; RTA reporting form ( I have some of those somewhere as well, not sure where though); standing orders for drivers; various odd forms.

I'd have thought a copy of the drivers' handbook would be on board as well and anything that got stuffed in there. Richard might know better if he sees this.

Thanks for the info Sean.  I never heard it called a 600 wallet or similar, but of course it would have an official form number.  We simply referred to as the Works Ticket.  The Tanker has a separate storage box for the drivers handbook.  As you can imagine for a Tanker it is quite a substantial volume.

2 hours ago, Sean N said:

F600 is a personal driving license and is 1/2 an A5 size so it fits in your pocket. In RAF service wallets would have the DI check sheet, running log and any other relevant paperwork.

22 hours ago, Zero-Five-Two said:

Thanks for the info Sean.  I never heard it called a 600 wallet or similar, but of course it would have an official form number.  We simply referred to as the Works Ticket.  The Tanker has a separate storage box for the drivers handbook.  As you can imagine for a Tanker it is quite a substantial volume.

Hi Rob,

If you have a look for JSP 800, Leaflet 42 will tell you what you need to have in the vehicle these days - the predecessor was JSP 341 but I don't know if it's available online.

22 hours ago, Chris Hall said:

F600 is a personal driving license and is 1/2 an A5 size so it fits in your pocket. In RAF service wallets would have the DI check sheet, running log and any other relevant paperwork.

Chris, isn't F/MT 600 the drivers' permit for MoD vehicles, rather than a personal driving licence which I think of a the government issue licence? Perhaps just terminology. I get the personal to you rather than a vehicle doc though.

Edited by Sean N

Hello

I think that it is/was RAF Form 658 for authorising vehicle duties.

As I recall it had space for details at the top and then a table for filling in. When I was at RAF Kirknewton it was just a single line for each days duties on the airfield.  The odometer reading at the start and end of duties was recorded.  There were other columns but I cannot recall what they were.

I think that the FMT600 was titled as a Driving Permit.

Dan

3 hours ago, 10FM68 said:

To be 100% accurate, you really need the older, canvas works ticket holder rather than the later plastic one, though, I should imagine, they're a bit hard to come by nowadays.

Here's the older pattern FMT600:

IMG_3365.JPG

IMG_3366.JPG

That was my first F600, back in those days, we used to get a new 600 every time we moved unit. In the last few weeks it’s all moved onto ‘My Drive’, so we now do our own MT Admin, Personal Admin, Medical Admin, MT driver, MT Mechanic, C4I, and a dozen more jobs. The only job I don’t do is my own because I don’t have the time.