Heavy's AWDC Trial Slab Common

R Cubed

Thought you all might like to know this for more info see SOE Forum somone posted this dont know if it is going to happen but if it does should be good for getting stuck there are some BIG wet holes at Slab Common, its used be the MOD for tank recovery training....

http://www.solentoverlord.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=458#458

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing listed on the AWDC website for a heavy vehicle trial, its just a normal trial event on the 11th Nov @ Slab common

They are however plannning an event on the 30th Dec @ nearby Broxhead common for Haflingers/Pinzgauers/101's etc

http://www.awdc.co.uk'>http://www.awdc.co.uk'>http://www.awdc.co.uk

Nick I have copied the forum bits from the S.O.E. Forum so here is all I know.

Posted: Wednesday October 3rd, 2007 19:48

Hi all,

The AWDC are planning to run a Heavies Trial, on the 11th of November. at Slab Common in Bordon Hampshire. These events used to be run many years ago and the plan is to get all the old heavy kit out playing.

If anyone wants to take there toy for a bit of friendly competition and a real good days fun.

Check out the website http://www.awdc.co.uk for more details

Bryan

Friday October 5th, 2007 19:35

The event is for heavies only. so stollys, gamma goats. from memory anything over 3.5 tons. etc.

If you wanted to play with your jeep. you can enter any standard RTV trial . which are held all over the UK. I compete in my Land Rover 90. along with a post war jeep.

Best beat is to look at the AWDC web site and contact the organisers as thay will be able to tell you more.

Bryan

Hi Bryan, I have just looked at the AWDC site and it only says it is a Trial RTV ect no reference to a Heavy's event, where did you get your info from. I dont want to turn up there and get turned round, lots of fuel for nothing !!!

Rich

Saturday October 6th, 2007 07:43

Hi Rich,

The event has got a right up in the AWDC magazine which is sent out to members.

If you want more information you can contact Hesketh Emden on 07970926337 he is the organiser for the event,

I will keep a eye out on the monthly events flyer which is sent to me and keep you posted.

Bryan

I have just got off the phone to the person who is arranging this event, he is at the moment in disscussion with the MOD about the finer points, he did mention that the MOD would probably be on site with some recovery equipment as well, he said that it would be best to ring about a week before the event to confirm if it is going ahead, so I will give him a ring nearer the time and then post the outcome here.........................

Well it's got a mention in Total Off Road magazine as being on and run alongside the RTV, albeit on a different section of land.

Has no-one got any more information on whether or not it's on?

I'd consider the long journey down just to watch such a rare event.

Trouble is if it's all last minute that's going to reduce the entries significantly and this type of event doesn't stand much chance of taking off again.

Norman

From the info I was given by the person who is organising it, if it is well attended and popular it sounds as though he is interested in doing more, would be good to support this first event just to encourage it to get going again.

I will be speaking to the organisier about a week before it is happening just to confirm it is going ahead, dealing with the MOD is all official lots of crossing tees and doting I's ect.

So get prepared just incase it is all go for that day.........

So as soon as I know what is going on I will post it here.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am sorry if those who are interested are not going to be able to get down there, it was first posted about a month ago, but the MOD are inclined to be a bit slow ! and also it's on the 11th Nov which is not very good for remembrance Sunday, I will be stopping for the silence to remember those who paid the ultimate price.....

Hoping to do some video and take some pics of the days events.

All the best to all for Sunday.

Update just spoken to Clerk of the Course, he confirms it is on and there could be a Kraz, matador and possibly a Centurion Tank he has had lots of interest and it could be a bussy day :schocked:

Got a friend to try and get up there and do some video work to hopefully put up on the HMVF TV.

Hiya Baz didnt know you were there, sorry we missed each other :-(.

I got there about 1 o'clock ish. Went round with hubby on a run round, we only got a little way as a scammel bottomed out and had to be recovered by the KRAZ! some photos coming up via hubby soon I am sure, but he is currently soaking his poor aching bones in the bubble bath! :-D