British Jeeps

Ron

I don't know either? But Nick Thomas helped me with information about my own British Jeep through this site and I'd like to make contact with him. I just don't seem clever enough with the search facility!  Ron

To my mind, FB is ruining these wonderful forums and I don't want to be a part of it. The BAJR that you refer to Simon is run by someone called Gerard and probably doing a grand job. But I met Nick through HMVF and I have found his FB site.

https://www.facebook.com/britishairbornejeeps/posts/how-many-british-service-jeep-owners-are-there-on-this-page-wed-love-to-hear-fro/10153480920766791/

I want to just send him a PM and correspond by email or PM.  Ron 

Ron,

Nick is a lynchpin of the BAJR admin team.

I too resisted FB for as long as possible but eventually bowed to the inevitable.

Have to say that the Bedford MW group is the best source of information around for these trucks, similar for British jeeps.

OK thanks Simon.

My argument is, that there is undoubtedly a FB site for Sherman tanks and  sites for every other make of tank right down to Jeep wheel nuts. Also different sites for all different makes of motorcycles which is one of my main interests. All interspersed with pictures of other peoples dinner/beer/baby/Etc???

All of which can be covered under the different headings of dedicated Forums such as this one. With the added bonus of being able (usually) to research previous posts and pictures. 

In a nutshell, to cover my complete area of interests I'd probably have to join about 40 FB sites, instead of the 3-4 forums I use. Ron🥴

• Like 2

You are right Ron, I am a member of at least 40 FB pages, and it's really too time consuming, and you miss a lot too, but on the other hand I find a lot of parts and period pictures on there, but the average member there doesn't know anything about anything, so same questions over and over again, as it's not searchable by topic, very tedious, but the ups are still better than the downs, so will persevere for a while.

Cheers,

Lex

• Like 2