WW1 Riker restoration project

alsfarms

You must understand and have access to some very interesting Military information.  Do you happen to also have a picture of one of the FWD Model B trucks you listed above?  Would that unit design be very similar to a civilian product?

Al.

I decided to share a few additional pictures that can be used for comparison of a Locomobile 4 cylinder engine with the 4 cylinder Riker engine.  I will also post a couple of pictures of an original Locomobile transmission.  Let me know what you think.

Alan

IMG_20170905_113025200.jpg

IMG_20170905_113051257.jpg

IMG_20180306_101733407.jpg

AF1QipNEzvttanHFNMQy9HQThd_lgM7GNova9dh22a3Z=s512-p-qv=peosc28pkv7935ckt92kj0ajlcal0klq6,m=81dbfb1a1ef31da27e85eef301a32a5c,x=,t=25-iv5714.jpg

AF1QipPuFoVJOShPLBJTszpPujFGGN9h4-Fy256z5Kgf=s512-p-qv=pv17irdj2linea0dhlr30t6te565n2cot,m=81dbfb1a1ef31da27e85eef301a32a5c,x=,t=25-iv5718.jpg

• Like 1

Nice videos of your Liberty in action!  It does give me the incentive to get some progress on the Riker.  Is that a Model T Ford loaded in the back?  Is the Liberty about the same size and all as your Locomobile and potentially my Riker?

Al

Hello Citroman,

I wish I had more experience with "Berliet"!  I can't answer your question.  I assume that they are similar in design , if the Berliet uses a "T" head engine design but that is probably about it.  Do you have any pictures of the Berliet engine you refer to?

Al

1 hour ago, alsfarms said:

Nice videos of your Liberty in action!  It does give me the incentive to get some progress on the Riker.  Is that a Model T Ford loaded in the back?  Is the Liberty about the same size and all as your Locomobile and potentially my Riker?

Al

There should be more videos earlier on in this thread that I put on a few weeks ago.

the Liberty is similar in theory and would share the same GS body.

yes my 1913 model T👍👍

• Like 1

Hello Ian,

I have been studying your Locomobile pictures and can see another detail that I would sure like another picture of.  That item is the cast brass brackets that hold the spark plug wire loom.  Do you have access to a brass foundry?  That likely is an item that I would like to get recast as mine are missing. 

Alan

Edited by alsfarms
spelling

I also need to get three new valve cover castings for the Riker engine.  Fortunately, I do have one original from which I can use as a pattern to make the missing three.  I may try to get those pieces cast up this winter.

Al