MANUAL FOR HYSTER FLT TYPE S40C

attleej

Dear All,

I have acquired an old Hyster S40C forklift fitted with a Continental LPG engine and Monotrol gear-box..  I have now got it running.

I need a repair and operating manual.  (I have the engine manual available).  I know that they can be downloaded of the internet but many of the sites appear to be dodgy, ie they are "free" which is always a bit worrying..  Which is a reliable site for downloading manuals even if they have to be paid for?  Alternatively, does anyone have a manual for sale or copying (even if it is a similar machine)?

Finally, does anyone know if the transmission oil level should be checked with engine running?

John

25 minutes ago, attleej said:

Dear All,

I have acquired an old Hyster S40C forklift fitted with a Continental LPG engine and Monotrol gear-box..  I have now got it running.

I need a repair and operating manual.  (I have the engine manual available).  I know that they can be downloaded of the internet but many of the sites appear to be dodgy, ie they are "free" which is always a bit worrying..  Which is a reliable site for downloading manuals even if they have to be paid for?  Alternatively, does anyone have a manual for sale or copying (even if it is a similar machine)?

Finally, does anyone know if the transmission oil level should be checked with engine running?

John

Hi John,

We had Hyster H50 forklifts in REME workshops and they had Monotrol transmission (with Perkins diesels), so there is a good chance the REME Museum might have manuals in their archives. I should know the answer to your question on the transmission oil level as we serviced and repaired them, but too long ago now to be sure.

regards Richard