New book on WW1 Vehicle Signage

BSM

Recently arrived from the printers is our next book offering namely, "British & Dominion Formation & Unit Vehicle Signage, 1914 - 1918" which we believe would be a value add to the research libraries of those into this period of MT and of course those in the modelling fraternity. Please check out the attached flyer and PM me if you have any pertinent questions. Cheers... Rod

FlyerSignageWebVer.jpg

Thanks David. My thoughts as well however it was not until my lengthy association with Michael Young and later meeting with my co author who spent many years on staff at the IWM that a combined result became possible. An interesting treasure hunt that answered many questions and created a few new ones. In fact Mike Young had agreed to join us just before his most unfortunate and untimely demise. Anyway it is now out there and without sounding judgemental, it should take some of the guesswork out of the decision by some to mark up a period vehicle. Cheers... Rod

No problems Kevin. If in Australia from me and if in the UK or Europe from Mike in the UK. The book was printed here and then numbers sent to Mike for distribution. As noted it is a limited print and is selling down here at AUD43 plus post or courier. Do not prefer to have any private/transaction details on a public forum therefore the request for a PM in the first instance to progress the deal. Trust that answers your question. Cheers.... Rod

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I started a similar project a couple of years ago. I had permission from the RASC museum to publish their collection of the original coloured drawings that the IWM has.

78 pages, not all complete. It was a difficult task trying to tie down the SBAC markings with specific units, some useful information was gained from Michael Young's book, but it contained just a few of those from the collection.

I have two questions however, I never did find out what an "Arabian Chortal" is, as mentioned in his book.

Can you give me details of the UK contact so I can purchase a copy.

(georgemoore66) followed by (@hotmail.co.uk)

George. 

Edited by george
additional info

• 3 weeks later...

Tim thanks for your interest and from the other 2 posts you should now have what you need however gents I would politely add the advice that there does exist certain bits of program whose task is to trawl web sites looking for active email addresses therefore it is wise to at least obscure one that belongs to a third party if not in the public domain!  Cheers Rod

• Like 1

Hi Rod,

Yes thanks, I have just emailed Mike, so hope to have a copy in my hands at some stage soon.

Should help with the restoration of my Pierce Arrow, although it will be a long time before I'm at the signage stage!

Many thanks to George and Tomo too.

Sorry for any confusion re contacts.....TBH I am using a new lap top.....my other one has all the data for getting on to my sites, I had to re log on with all new p/words etc etc...….at 72, I realise my once photographic memory has now run out of film.

Sorry

George.

Cheers George....could happen to the best of us. Yes Tim I believe that the Centenary years or recognition of same have been quite a boost to the Military MT Heritage/restoration aspect. Over this way a couple of solid tyred projects have been offered to a museum down South and there are the remains of a couple of Leylands up North looking for a home, all of which coming to my attention in the last few weeks. Trust all goes well for your Pierce Arrow project. Cheers..... Rod

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...