How to start a .....................

Mark

OK people

You lot on here are ace at solving things, so here goes for this one.

How do I start making a wiring loom for my M38A1 jeep, I do not have the old one as that was rotten when removed and broke up into many pieces, I cannot afford a new one that may or may not fit anyway, getting the wire will not be a problem :whistle: and I would like to get waterproof connectors but what type, the original type are hard to find.

So, where do I start please.

I had a wiring loom made up for my Ford WOA2 by Autosparks. It was complete and made of the original type material. Cost £140 a couple of years ago, and it fitted OK with only a few minor changes. Suggest you contact them for a quote.

Just found an advert in my Classic Motor Monthly for The Wiring Harness Co . Derby - http://www.thewiringharness.co.uk . Open 7 days 8am-7pm 01332 810052 or 07885 490803 . Might be worth a look .

I also had a loom for my 1936 10cwt Morris from Autosparks which was 99% spot on , reasonable price and pretty quick delivery . Can't find a number for them at the mo but i have a feeling the name changed a little while ago . Sorry , not very helpful that I realise !

DM

You lot on here are ace at solving things, so here goes for this one.

How do I start making a wiring loom for my M38A1 jeep,

Mark,

There is a place very close to you, who may be able to make one..........at Marden.

A chap called Paul Bruschan, he works in Atlantic Automotive at Pattenden Lane, Marden. They were at one time a major jeep parts supplier, but sold the business on, but Paul makes harnesses for US military vehicles, Jeeps, Harley, etc. His number is 07973 722132