Tank mounted guns ????

Norbo

I would recommend a RIF (replica imitation firearm) or airsoft M240-these are very close to a GPMG, are beautifully made to a very fine standard, cock and strip, require no paperwork, and are a fraction of the price of a deactivated one. Various sites selling all metal machine guns, including those rotating barrel miniguns!

Terry

I have seen a lot for sale in the uk deactivated and replica ones but nothing to fit to a tank i have sent a lot of messages to see if they have anything ill have to  see if any one gets back to me . i have looked on milweb they do have a lot and gun star but not the kind of thing im looking to mount on the tank . and im not paying the money some of them cost some are thousands or even several hundred im just looking for a prop that looks nice and it steel not a plastic thing it wants to look proper  i have seen a cool 50cal so  ill ring him later but its in london so bloody miles to fetch 

Ill try the rif and had not thought of air soft but ill look in to that as well thanks for the reply's 

Tank guns is quite a generic term. If your talking WW2 Allied, you need a 1919A4 or .50 M2HB for an American/Canadian Tank and for British you need a BESA. There were other guns used on armour such as the Vickers .303, Vickers .5, Bren, Vickers K, 1917A1, .50 M2AC and M2WC etc.

post war British is going to be BESA, GPMG or Browning 1919A4/Later converted to L3A2.

what armour have you got?

well i picked up a 50cal Browning this weekend but having drove for 3 hours to get it i found it was to big bloody things like 5ft but for £140 all i n i had it any way . ill have to see once  i get the tank back to see if i can mount it on the top . Im going to keep looking as im sure its to big . ill take a pick tomorrow . but it needs painting any way so im going to paint in mat black with a bit of gun met grey as well as its glass now and looks a bit tacky as they were never glass as replicas go its low end but its not a lot of money and if it does fit it will look ace . 

I think this 50 call may be a little big . But having driven for over 3 hours to go look at it i just had it any way stands me at £140 

It came with a 3 leg stand / the billet box  box got over spry on it so ill have to try and fined some green sprat that about right .

It was gloss black when i got it so i sprayed it mat black but it looked not quite right better then gloss black but not right so i then sprayed it with a gun met grey from a distance so  black was prominent and it looks real nice now . I could do with about 10 50 call bullets in the belt to put between the gun and the box for that more Authentic  look . But frankly i think ill just try and sell it on its just to big . it will fit im sure  and may well look very cool and impressive and ill have to tie it down so it wont move when on the fly , Until i get the tank back i wont know but i still think its going to be to big . Ill stick the wooden handles and the side wood handle back on when i put the box back on . 

DSC02134.JPG

Edited by Norbo

To be honest I’d sell it, it’s a poor looking replica and wouldn’t pass the 20 foot test. I’d stick to a GPMG, a full infantry spec gun on a mount would look the business and be more in keeping with your vehicle. It’s also about 18” shorter than a 50 so much easier to fit and remove.

Whatever you stick on top... make sure it is suitably covered when out on the road - or better still not mounted. Don't want to scare the hell out of some member of the public... the last thing any of us need is a new set of regulations concerning what we can or cannot do with our kit.

Thats a good point about making a cover for what ever i get . I have decided that it was a mistake to get the gun i did . its to big so im selling it hopefully ill get what it stands me at £140 . Hopefully some one will want it for the kids to play with at shows or something .

DSC02135.JPG

DSC02136.JPG

DSC02137.JPG

what about this bad boy then its smaller the 30cal version . cool for a tank mount yes or no  

all so seen a MG42 replica  firers  as above as well 

and a real Bren 1948 MK3 but just for show its welded up deactivated 

all so been looking at paint ball guns and air soft they look ace and all so fire 

The below is only £175 and it fires not from a hopper but from the mag 

tmc-black £175.jpg

Edited by Norbo

The 30 cal may be better but its £900 it is cool but i wasn't thinking  of that kind of money .i did fined a paint ball one for the same kind of money that was all so very cool and worked sounded good and did actually fire stuff