BEDFORD MW FOR SALE

Davey089

10 hours ago, doudledoug said:

Is it still available, where in the country do you live.

10 hours ago, doudledoug said:

Is it still available, where in the country do you live.

It could be sold , I have someone coming on the 30th Dec who is very interested in the truck. I live in North Yorkshire .

Hi, Wiltshire so not quite so easy to just pop along.

At present have my 96 year old father in hospital.  If it does not go on 30th let me defiantly interested. Cash readily available.  Will sort out getting there as I am fully retired so time not a real issue.

Looking at the write up and the photos can I assume it is fully road going,  is it registered etc.

Price can understand where you are coming from,  I have idea what I am prepared to pay,  I current have a restored Ariel W/NG and seen prices vary by £2500.

Use email doudledoug@hotmail.co.uk 

Edited by doudledoug
Amended text

• 4 weeks later...

i bought this morning a wc51 weapons carrier off milweb the guy wanted 7k i gave him 7k no mucking about he dont know what its worth ? i am too busy to get in long conversations trying to find out how much somebody wants for something there is an old saying in the traveller community  CANT BE BUYER AND SELLER

2 hours ago, oats and barley said:

i bought this morning a wc51 weapons carrier off milweb the guy wanted 7k i gave him 7k no mucking about he dont know what its worth ? i am too busy to get in long conversations trying to find out how much somebody wants for something there is an old saying in the traveller community  CANT BE BUYER AND SELLER

That's why it was open to offers , there are no long conversations in trying to find out what somebody wants for an item when it's open to offers ! , an offer is put forward ...... its either accepted or refused , no long conversations , its yes or no! Both in the same boat I'm too busy to waste my time with tyre kickers.............. I have a saying too..................YOU EITHER WANT OR YOU DONT .

Anyway this post is redundant now so no need to comment any further , re my last response to your last message "Why is the price a secret" !! 

Edited by Davey089

Reply no I am not a tyre kicker !.  Now I can understand why some ex military vehicle have got so expensive, value for money.  On the other foot I am not prepared to waste my time travelling to visit a vehicle for sale to then offer a price that does not meet the seller's price or accepable, price,  where as if a price was stated one knows whether to visit or not.

Read again it was a general remark  relating to tyre kickers or what ever you want to call them , not directed at anyone in particular . Haven't a clue what your on about with this sentence "  Now I can understand why some ex military vehicle have got so expensive, value for money. ". Obviously if you really WANT a particular vehicle you'll go anyway and try do a deal ................ I went to France and bought a vehicle no mention of price before hand , BUT I wanted it , I travelled down to the South of London to again purchase a vehicle I Wanted , again no mention of price , if your keen and enthusiastic you make the effort ,its called striking a deal thats acceptable to both parties .

Anyway can't get my head around why you feel the need to keep commenting on a post that is now redundant , the vehicle is now sold the buyer was very happy with it , he paid what HE WANTED to pay , just a note the buyer who bought it also has other WWII trucks and has been in the game around 40 yrs , so obviously knew what he was doing and also where the marketplace is for this type of truck .

On 25/01/2018 at 6:27 PM, doudledoug said:

Reply no I am not a tyre kicker !.  Now I can understand why some ex military vehicle have got so expensive, value for money.  On the other foot I am not prepared to waste my time travelling to visit a vehicle for sale to then offer a price that does not meet the seller's price or accepable, price,  where as if a price was stated one knows whether to visit or not.

Anyway I wasn't even responding to you :rofl:

i contacted the vendor of the MW in ipswich £8000 would happily bought it over the phone the guy was a gentleman said he had somebody coming that morning if it did not sell he would let me know obviously it sold simples     nice matador on milweb shame about the price it aint got one

18 minutes ago, oats and barley said:

i contacted the vendor of the MW in ipswich £8000 would happily bought it over the phone the guy was a gentleman said he had somebody coming that morning if it did not sell he would let me know obviously it sold simples     nice matador on milweb shame about the price it aint got one

Hey up your back unfortunately you are now getting a tad boring. "a gentleman"  , well there you go you obviously  it made your day.You  have in total made 10 posts on the forum,  THREE !!!! on this redundant post .Oh dear you went for the MW and missed it,  obviously too slow off the mark , and yes obviously it sold SIMPLES , be something wrong if it hadn't at that price . I feel ever so sorry for you that someone beat you to the bargain of the year, the Matador , well give him a  shout and you never know you might just get yourself the deal of the century .

I think it comes down to, you don't really know what you want, anything will do if its cheap. I think your hoping somebody is going to virtually  give away a vehicle just to satisfy your pocket , maybe worth thinking about model collecting instead .

Also a suggestion ,try  find something more rewarding and interesting to occupy your mind with, rather than wasting yours and others times trolling posts making  un interesting  comments , THEN you might just come across a cheap vehicle to suit your budget . 

Good luck in your quest on finding a cheap renovated vehicle , somebody out there might just take sympathy on your predicament and furnish you with said item .

Many thanks  for your non constructive comments  they have been  entertaining to say the least , you've given I and a couple of others a good laugh over them , so thanks for that.

Anyway must run I do have other things far more interesting to occupy and stimulate my mind with. You will immediately  as I finish the last sentence be blocked , ignored and placed in the black hole in cyberspace. The following will be the last comment made by me on this post .

Good Luck in your quest.

2 hours ago, Davey089 said:

Hey up your back unfortunately you are now getting a tad boring. "a gentleman"  , well there you go you obviously  it made your day.You  have in total made 10 posts on the forum,  THREE !!!! on this redundant post .Oh dear you went for the MW and missed it,  obviously too slow off the mark , and yes obviously it sold SIMPLES , be something wrong if it hadn't at that price . I feel ever so sorry for you that someone beat you to the bargain of the year, the Matador , well give him a  shout and you never know you might just get yourself the deal of the century .

I think it comes down to, you don't really know what you want, anything will do if its cheap. I think your hoping somebody is going to virtually  give away a vehicle just to satisfy your pocket , maybe worth thinking about model collecting instead .

Also a suggestion ,try  find something more rewarding and interesting to occupy your mind with, rather than wasting yours and others times trolling posts making  un interesting  comments , THEN you might just come across a cheap vehicle to suit your budget . 

Good luck in your quest on finding a cheap renovated vehicle , somebody out there might just take sympathy on your predicament and furnish you with said item .

Many thanks  for your non constructive comments  they have been  entertaining to say the least , you've given I and a couple of others a good laugh over them , so thanks for that.

Anyway must run I do have other things far more interesting to occupy and stimulate my mind with. You will immediately  as I finish the last sentence be blocked , ignored and placed in the black hole in cyberspace. The following will be the last comment made by me on this post .

Good Luck in your quest.

wish there was a like box to tick on this forum

19 hours ago, cosrec said:

wish there was a like box to tick on this forum

There is, you can click the heart icon on the bottom right corner of the post.

Back to the original post.. I don’t think we need to continue this thread anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sirhc said:

There is, you can click the heart icon on the bottom right corner of the post.

Back to the original post.. I don’t think we need to continue this thread anymore.

I've requested that my thread to be closed .

• Like 1

• sirhc locked this topic