Morris cs8 on milweb

Rick W

Ive got the money, Ive not got the room, even more so with the outcrop of foot and mouth. If this is as good as it sounds it would be a very affordable project for someone looking to get into Brit ww2 vehicles. Im waiting on more detailed pics. If someone hasnt already found themselves a bargain, then I will, by hook or crook! 8-)

Yes thanks Andy received photos, many thanks. Looks like it is a later repair on mine.

No I dont know what the 5% missing is. If it has only got 5% missing its still a good bet I think. A lot of parts are generic to other vehicles, and I have yet to find something on my Morris which has been unattainable.

HI Rik and people!

Sorry been on tour last few weeks with no laptop to WW2 vehicle goings on!!

I have loads of pix of this wreck, er, I mean Morris!! I went and saw it a few weeks ago, before it was advertised. Stating 95% complete is incredibly inaccurate shall we say.... You have more on your truck in its present state Rik, then this has, and yours works!! It is a 1942 CS8, well what's left of it.

I can tell you more if you want, but the new owner really has a job on his/her hands.

cheers

Simon

Rik, do you need a door as a pattern for your C8 as I will have a spare good enough for that purpose if you're interested. Plus a cab floor panel too.

Were the windscreen pix any use??

I will get the other window bits out of storage shortly if it stops raining! Put a good coat of green on the truck yesterday whilst the weather was good.

cheers

Simon

Thanks Simon, the doors on mine arent too bad apart from the bottoms are a bit ropey. I had some windows made up from the original glass that came with the vehicle. When it came to test fitting in the frames to see where the bottom of the frames should be, it seems one side,the repaired side is about 2 inches bigger in height than the drivers side. Not sure what to do there yet. But it is good when you star to put the green paint on, feels like you are getting somewhere! ;-)