US Wrecker seen on A21 today

Richard Farrant

I wondered if I'd be spotted! I towed it from Beltring to the Lingfield area via A21 and A25. Thanks Mark for your help with hooking-up and the route :tup:

I've never been back to the site this late before and I was surprised to see how many MVs are still there. The guys with the tractor were still working hard at rubbish clearance and there are still a few tents dotted about! The mud has subsided a bit and actually the ground doesn't look too bad.

On a side note, I'm not surprised things have been going missing: I drove the truck straight in, hooked up and drove out with the Ford on the back without being challanged and Mark drove his Audi in twice without any trouble.

It was a CMP Ford owned by Beltrings very own chief arena marshall Andy Mitchell.

Thanks Mike,

Just curious because my friend thought it was a Chev C60, that someone we know owns. Always difficult to take it all in when traffic is going the other direction. Apparantly the WLF was steaming along at a good pace. Good to see it still working at what is was intended for!

Apparantly the WLF was steaming along at a good pace. Good to see it still working at what is was intended for!

That be the mighty power of the Cummins C series diesel. Same speed as the petrol, much more drivable. Less tiring to drive for poor, old (your'e 30th is before mine...), uncle Mike.