Panic!

That's right, I am here!

Merlin Jones from Worthing, West Sussex. I have had military Land Rovers for 12 years now in shapes, sizes and states of repair, but currently down to my first - a s2a 109 GS. Also, my wife, Diane is here with here 1964 2a FFR restoration project.

Hi Merlin,(and Diane)

wasn't the ferret in UN colours ??

Welcome to the forum,...............another Sussex member, ( there are a few of us on here) :whistle: and don't worry about all this jimmy talk,............its that their cheaper than Bedfords............. :whistle: :-D :-D :evil:

Do you get about to the local steam shows, etc ??

All the best,

Andy

welcome to the madhouse :evil: :evil: :evil: dont get put off by all the older vehicles on here most of us newboys have ex military landrovers in some disguise or other

the dancing girls are trying to come along the coast :dancinggirls: :dancinggirls:

hopefully will see you at a local show

due friday am and brew will be on all afternoon and sat morning

;-) have asked for plot backing onto hedge line,....will be confirming during week,.......see you around 3.30ish friday, (all being well. :whistle:)

Oh, yer,...........there are signs up saying the barcombe road is closed.......... :dunno:

All the best, mate.

Andy

Andy, yes the Ferret was in UN White. The local police still ask us if it is comig back as it dropped the local crime rate! The only way it could have done that, imho, is by everyone standing there watching it, so only a few officers were needed to keep tabs on people. Takes more police when the crowds split up.

Not been to many rallies this year. Missed Ringmer, my brother in law went, and doing the microcar meet at Amberley on Sunday. Nothing else planned.

Hi Merlin,

A few of us locally, are planning to support an event at Barcombe Mills, (nr lewes)next weekend, if you fancy joining us. :-).............we don't bite, and are very friendly to landie owners, :whistle: as David,on here will testify. :-D

Ringmer was good,............a nice selection of military vehicles.

Festival of Transport, nr Hailsham, Aug bank hol's, is a good event, but booking needs to be done.

Speak soon, maybe's.

All the best.

Andy

I may pop into Barcombe Mills, but I will be without vehicle as mine are being repaired again.

come and say 'how do' then,.............good chance there will be a brew on............(or even, dare I say the Calvados, may be lurking about, :evil:)

My bedford carries the 11th armoured div 'charging bull', sign on wing........

Andy

welcome Merlin and I must say that your name is wonderful or is it a nickname - it is a great 'film' name.

Glad that you have found us and with the help of HMVF the MV world is just getting better and better.

Several house rules:

No swearing or spitting and for god sake take your overalls off before you come into the HMVF Clubhouse - us WW2 guys don't like to see grease and oil all over the place!

Any problems then don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Jack.

My name is really Merlin. Named after the Rolls Royce aero engine according to my dad, and the bird of prey by my mum. Absolutely not named after the caravan manufacturer, or the software company. Would be cool if I was named after the Merlin system that the MoD use for vehicle records though.

• 1 month later...