RAF Wattisham

Im taking part next week in a race event to be held at the above.The Major in charge of the event,also happens to be a TVR Cerbera owner like me,and knows i have an intrest in all things military.He has promised i can have a tour of the REME workshops and photograph vehicles on site.Ive also been promised a proper look around an AH-64 Apache Longbow,as this is there home base.I will endevour to bring pics and a report next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry i cant bring you any pics but for the second day running ive had problems with the camera.Lots of MV,s there but a lot looked in a sorry state.Some 6x6 Fodens with cargo bodies on them.Never seen them before.Lots of Pinzgauers,Wolfs,and a few Renolds Boughtons.Heres the only one picture i have.And this is one of the official ones from the day.Me next to Apache.

width=640 height=424http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/BLUETHUNDER_06/DSC_0309.jpg[/img]

It has TVR,s own engine in it.Not the Speed 6!!!!.Its a 4.2 V8,putting out around 440bhp.Doesnt sound like a V8 though.Sounds like two flat fours.Due to the flat plane crank thats used(F1 tech)Managed on the day an unofficial time from a standing mile of 33 seconds and 174.8mph.I was given free reign to take pics of anything of interest whilst i was there.But the batterys died on my camera.I was a bit shocked at the state of some of the vehicles they had there.It was a true sign that the money is not being spent in MT anyway.

I'm almost willing to buy you a new battery if you promise to supply more of that!!!

I've never seen a Apache live before. The most fun I've seen is a F-117 and that one I saw many years ago, before they were that common. And I saw it outside Roswell, Arizona which made it even more fun.

Marty