C47 - YouTube taking off from Upottery today....!

I was sat watching the telly and could the Cubed obviously having a moment in the office :-o so went to have a look!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

excellent Jack thanks for filming that for us :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you chaps - it was awesome and to be standing on Upottery runway with a C47 charging down the runway towards you was really something else and once in a life time as this was the first time that it had taken off from this airfield since WW2.

Lawson was the cameraman as I was taking the stills.

Hi all what a day , standing at the end off a upottery runway with a C-47 screaming down striaght at you for the first time in 63 years..And trying to hold the camera steady...lift lift...please lift... WOHOOOOOOO...Well here is part 2 after she had taken off buzzed the air feild and given us an 8 min display she landed Again to pick up robin and the rest of the crew to take them to oxford...lucky sods...What an end to a great weekend .....Take a look at this...plus i got a mouth full of dust for this one....Enjoy.

Will post more soon of her starting up

Flying over

Thanks Guys great work I have sent the link for that video footage to Charles D. Young and my very good friend veteran pilot Gerald Berry.

As you can imagine we had a fantastic flight up to Oxford up through the Severn at around 1200 ft cruising at 170 knots pass Bristol docks and just right of the Severn suspension bridges before turning and heading into Oxford airport for a smooth landing.

I truly wish you could have been with me // Robin

The youtube clip of the C-47 leaving upottery with robin and the rest of those lucky guys bound for oxford...What a treat it was to be there... not just to be able to shot these films as this was just an end to one of the best weekends i have ever had....to drive my jimmmy to my first event in a little convoy with jack and r-cubed was great fun...to arrive there and see the C-47 sat there on the main runway for the first time since 1944 was just amazing ...So thanks to robin again for the whole event....However on a pesonal note i would just like to thank Again my brother in law Jack becourse without his efforts to help find me my jimmy and introducing me to this great movment of which has bought me so much happiness and fun since owning my gmc...So a real big THANKYOU to jack and my sister Anne and the kids for a great weekend...It was lovely to spend time with them all.. One i shall never forget.....Heres the clip...

Landing to pick Robin up

The take off with robin safley onboard

Brilliant clips, guys.........................

Many, many thanks; ...................from one who couldn't get there. :-(

Its this kinda friendly-ness that makes this forum, what it is, ;-).............one big family. :-D :-D

Andy

Wow these clips are fantastic! Seeing it static on the runway of Upottery airfield was a once in a lifetime fantastic oportunity which I thoroughly enjoyed. But this was something else... :drool:

Thanks Robin for all the time and effort you put into it, it was fantastic!

Hi all

For anyone with 8 mins on there hands here is the youtube cilp of the c-47 starting up at upottery...sorry i posted this a bit late ...but i have been spending as much time as i can with my jimmy before i go away again...And i dont mean prison lol...thanks...Lawson

C-47 startup upottery

Damn, you tube is down... :-(

probably been overloaded with no of 'hits', etc..............I mean, theres 'our dak' thread and films,................and something to do with a nine year old who can kick a football, :dunno: :whistle: