Craven Tasker 20t recovery trailer - parts / repair advice

Hi, I have been looking at a Craven Tasker 20t trailer but it appears to have possibly a worn rear axle oscillation bush/bearing on one side. I spoke to Andover trailers who were not able to help but they suggested Montracon trailers who apparently bought the craven/tasker business. Needless to say Montracon weren't able to supply any info on parts availability and they would need specific info on the axle type/model and ideally serial number before being able to advise further. I'm not near the trailer to look for this info and I don't recall seeing any obvious plates on the rear axle.

Does anyone here have info on these units, particularly the rear axles and also any leads on where parts may be obtained ? There are / were probably pallets of spares for these disposed of my the mod at some point in time no doubt!

Regards

Ed

20160708_180728.jpg

20160708_180742.jpg

20160708_180746.jpg

It might be a "Metalastic" bush. Also it could be standard Rubery Owen running gear. Talk to someone like David Fenland Trailers in Market Deeping. Google "Fenland Trailers" If the worst came to worst you could have a bush made from pattern.

John

h thanks for the suggestion, was hoping someone might have some service or parts information on these trailers. I'm assuming the outer part is just a seal and behind will be some kind of oilite bush or bearing for the axle to swivel on. Judging by the wear it may even have gone through the bush material into the parent material of the stub/swivel and damaged that. It looks similar to a walking beam arrangement on a pioneer/explorer rear bogie.

h thanks for the suggestion, was hoping someone might have some service or parts information on these trailers. I'm assuming the outer part is just a seal and behind will be some kind of oilite bush or bearing for the axle to swivel on. Judging by the wear it may even have gone through the bush material into the parent material of the stub/swivel and damaged that. It looks similar to a walking beam arrangement on a pioneer/explorer rear bogie.

If it is like the walking beam arrangement on the 35 ton low loader semi-trailer, they have thick bronze sleeves. What you need to find is someone with the parts list as it may have details of the bush, either a makers number or tracing it through the NSN number.

Richard, thanks for the input, yes I would suspect it's a bronze bush in there. I'm hoping someone might have more specific details or a part number. Montracon have said they need an axle part number or serial number to be able to help further.