Operation Bolero Riding on top of Adrians tank

Agree with you all there. Great work Adrian and made Jess's day, he is still talking about it. Joris nearly wet himself with excitement, me, I wasn't really that fussed to be honest :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Joris, Jess and I were on the up to the GMC to sheet it down as I had parked it neatly on the perry track (Airforce speak) and as we walked past the Sherman I said to Joris, that the Sherman belong to Adrian and there he is on top of it. Give me an introduction to Adrian said Joris so we walked and I introduced Joris and Adrian to each other.

Adrian happen to mention that he was just going to take it for spin around the perimeter track. Would it be possible for us to come for the ride I said - sure said Adrian ''jump on up guys'' come up over the front so that I can see who is on board and hang on.

Well this was something all of us three has always wanted to do. So there we were, driving around on top of a Sherman tank around an WW2 B-17 bomber base - life is sometimes just so perfect!

Adrian drove it around as if he was driving a family saloon car - impressive.

When we got back Jess jumped off and legged it shouting that he was going to go and ''TELL MUM'' Joris legged too shouting that he was going to go and tell Dorien. Me, I just slipped off the side thinking to myself that I didn't know what all the fuss was about.

.....actually, I called my mum and said ''mum, you are never going to guess what we just done.....................''

Thanks guys, glad you all enjoyed it! It's good being able to take it somewhere that has 'roads' so you can actually drive about rather than just round in circles.

Really enjoyed the weekend and was good to meet you all, look forward to next year.....

Paul, sorry, the Sherman won't be at Beltring this year. Too much to do, too little time :roll: