Weapon Identification

Zero-Five-Two

Found this article in a 1998 copy of a classic truck magazine. I was hoping some of the more learned members of the Forum would be able to help me out with a query on the weapon mentioned, as I am unsure what a 25 Panda gun would be like.

25 Panda.jpg

I've got this vision of some massive howitzer with 25 bamboo chewing panda gunners hurling abuse at the enemy

Never heard of a 25panda field gun. I reckon its a typing error and should read 25 Pounder field gun. But there again, there were some weird and wonderful inventions floating around back then. I bet if someone had been standing near the beach when they first tried the bouncing bomb out, there'd of thought 'what the bloody hell is that'.:shocked: lol.

Never heard of a 25panda field gun. I reckon its a typing error and should read 25 Pounder field gun. But there again, there were some weird and wonderful inventions floating around back then. I bet if someone had been standing near the beach when they first tried the bouncing bomb out, there'd of thought 'what the bloody hell is that'.:shocked: lol.

Typo:??? .......NOOOooo, I can't believe that, Rob's description sounds much better;)