AEC Armoured cars ?

RattlesnakeBob

A quick question .........do any AEC Armoured cars survive ?..

either as museum exhibits or , preserved and going out and about around the shows ?...especially the MK1 ?

Thanks

Lebanese Military Museum, located at the Lebanese Ministry of National Defense, in Yarzeh, a village southeast of Beirut in Lebanon has some 60 odd vehicles stacked/encased in a massive concrete sculpture which includes an AEC armoured car . They were used in the Civil war .

Chris had Humber A/Cs, never saw any AEC ones. Brussels Tank Museum run one.

Perhaps they were Humbers then Adrian 30 years is a long time :undecided:, I remember being impressed with the height of them. They sat side by side more or less in the center of the yard not too far away from the goods shed and seemed to be in fairly complete condition.

Pete

A quick question .........do any AEC Armoured cars survive ?..

either as museum exhibits or , preserved and going out and about around the shows ?...especially the MK1 ?

Thanks

rumour control there was a vehicle/scrapyard near Dartford that had one alledgedly as a yard tug minus turret or was that just an urban myth????

From memory the same guy was meant to have Carriers and other stuff he liked to watch rusting. I spoke to him probably 15 years ago but unwilling to sell anything. I thought the site had been closed but other can confirm.

I look into this a cople years ago when looking for carrier parts and found some one that had been. They told me the bloke was difficult to deal with and the carriers were T16 and they were rotted into the ground. The yard was supposed to have still been there then. I think they were a plant company. The AEC may still be there as I got the impresson not much left the yard. I never followed it up when I found out they were T16's.

Peter.

I look into this a cople years ago when looking for carrier parts and found some one that had been. They told me the bloke was difficult to deal with and the carriers were T16 and they were rotted into the ground. The yard was supposed to have still been there then. I think they were a plant company. The AEC may still be there as I got the impresson not much left the yard. I never followed it up when I found out they were T16's.

Peter.

Talking to a friend since the post , he claimed there was more than a few british B vehicles like militants and similar , an early guy armoured car was stored by the father? The sons ran the yard ..........is it still in situ.

It is Hawkspares, ????green, Kent The AEC had a Perkins P6 in it and no turret. Saw it in the early part of this century it was not at the main yard but stored in building away in the countryside.

If it's Hawkspares, Google Earth reveals a modern yard, but behind it is a large overgrown area with hints of rusting objects, though you can't determine anything in detail.

jh