Morris C8 fuel bowser

Ian L

Not original in my view, and I think the C8GS came into service (1945?) after disruptive camouflage was ceased to be applied.

Correct, it is a C8 used post-war by a fire brigade or some-such (I have seen pictures of it before restoration), now painted up as a military vehicle in the wrong livery to boot! Shame on the museum for misleading the public :nono:

Correct, it is a C8 used post-war by a fire brigade or some-such (I have seen pictures of it before restoration), now painted up as a military vehicle in the wrong livery to boot! Shame on the museum for misleading the public :nono:

Still one of my favorite military museums though. Visited again this summer with my son. At least the Panther is now re-painted.

I was helping the museum with the Conger carrier at the time and remember they bought the C8 very cheap. The seller convinced them the bowser was original, but the truck had a cracked engine block. Soon it was discovered that the water tank was post war. They couldn't be convinced to make a new GS body for it, and in stead they decided to give it a quick cleanup and paint job.

Pity as they also had an option on a Morris Quad beetle back at the time, which would have been more suited for the museum.

Alex