The Victory Show September 4th-6th 2015

Ian L

Hi, yes me and the wife going down Friday after work to avoid the rush on Saturday. First time for us, wife going as a land army girl as her mum was one. I have fished out one of my battle dress tunics to the Royal Engineers to get in the mood. Hope the weather holds out for the show. You wont be able to miss our little van in the car park, as its called the 'Mystery Machine' from the show Scooby Doo. The kids love it, come to think of so do the parents. Really looking forward to it.

Steve.

attachment.php?attachmentid=107621&stc=1&d=1441574850

I have an affection to this particular Austin K5 on the left as I came across it on a farm in Sussex in the late Sixties being used as a grain tipper. Came across it again in early Eighties where a local IMPS member, the late Paul Sutton restored it. I was invited to go with him in it on a MV rally in Belgium in 1987, my first overseas event. Sadly Paul passed away a few years later, but it was his encouragement that my brother and I bought a Bedford QL. Many years later this K5 appeared on the scene again and have kept in touch with the present owner.

cheers Richard

Went on Saturday for the second time, excellent show from every perspective, the vehicles, the living history, amazingly detailed dioramas , excellent mock battle and last but by no means least the flying with Blenheim, Mitchell, 2x Mustangs, Hurricane, Yak, ME108, Spitfire, Seafire, ME109 Emil, and a number of bi planes all flying off a grass strip that you can stand close too.

Well done the Victory Show :yay:

Pete

Got to the show at about 7-30pm Friday night. We parked up and walked across to get the lay of the land. Friday night absolutely hammered it down, Saturday not bad but what a day on Sunday. The show was great, our first time and will be going again next year. Met up with a great set of blokes with a 'jimmy' and a 'hellcat'. Made some great friends and hope to see them again soon. Saturday night when most of the public were tucked up in bed, the reality of the show kicked in with all the re-enactors at the beer tent and you just felt like you were back in time. Great time with some great memories.