GMC 353 Hood Number

w896andy

I'm just finishing the restoration of my GMC 353 winch fitted open cab, can anybody give me any ideas on hood numbers and what number sequence they used. I've found an Engineers unit who were stationed near me in Somerset in the run up to D-Day so I'm ok with that but can't seem to find a definitive list of hood numbers, can anybody help please.

I'm just finishing the restoration of my GMC 353 winch fitted open cab, can anybody give me any ideas on hood numbers and what number sequence they used. I've found an Engineers unit who were stationed near me in Somerset in the run up to D-Day so I'm ok with that but can't seem to find a definitive list of hood numbers, can anybody help please.

There is no list of hood numbers, your only hope is to find another truck with a chassis no close to yours and which still has it's original hood no and then make an informed guess. I would suggest you join the CCKW forum, you may get some help on there as that's where all the experts reside.