Someone save this Jimmy....on Milweb.

Jack

Now I know its difficult to say from the pics of these, would would you say they look like an economical restoration? How prone are the chassis to rotting? What problems are common with these "overseas" vehicles, in short, if I were to consider buying one of those, what advice would you give?

Hi Rick, my turn to assist :-) after rebuilding a Jimmy and looking at the ones on Milweb I'd say they are worth a go ,just for spares you could get more than you paid for them.I was tempted but I've got 3 and now the Morris to do it's not possible at the moment.

Spares are readily available and they are easy to work on. The split chassis is nice if you fancy shooting around the block in a Reliant (Robin) Jimmy. I believe you can drive just the cab around short distances without the back attached providing you've got the Jockey wheel assembly.

The CCKW forum has some nice pictures of the Airportable Jimmy.

Regards

Steve

Yes agree with Steve as these are easy to work on - Steve will know more of that than I ( see his chassis up rebuild) and they keep there money. Rex Ward is the man for spares and the Jimmy is becoming a 'wanted' vehicle to attend events...........and then you have the sound of that exhaust!

Go for it and airportable are rare!

Go for it!

• 2 weeks later...