Things that remind me of being in the Army

LarryH57

Whenever I pass a local café and smell bacon and eggs I'm transported back in my mind to my time in the Army heading from my billet to the cookhouse for breakfast (usually around dawn), complete with knife, fork and spoon and mug in left hand behind my back and marching in step with one or more persons, never on my own (which may have been discouraged) and taking a route round the parade ground, as god forbid that I should crossed it and be spotted by an SSM as in his words I'd wish I'd never been born!

Things I remember............. bumpering corridors, cleaning windows with newspaper, lining up for injections, bulling boots, bed blocks, range declarations, spray on starch, drying rooms, compo rations inc oatmeal blocks, site guard, wet kit and blisters, good mates, girls and BEER :-D

Things I remember............. bumpering corridors, cleaning windows with newspaper, lining up for injections, bulling boots, bed blocks, range declarations, spray on starch, drying rooms, compo rations inc oatmeal blocks, site guard, wet kit and blisters, good mates, girls and BEER :-D

Not so much memories more like realties :undecided: Oh also add the mountains of paperwork, no pay rise for years ............. I could go on but properly better if I don't.

Condensed milk in a tube.

When sat in a traffic queue near woods or farmyards, I find myself allocating space for two Sultans back to back (three in a T to park Zero Charlie, the Into/NBC Cell if lucky, or four in a cruciform if we had an artillery battery commander attached, with a 432, if we were exceptionally lucky).

Rebro Ferrets in there, rovers (CO, 2IC in Land Rovers, RSM in a Ferret) in there. One way circuit for visitors, approach from this direction.

Radio masts over here.