Jeep towing

TooTallMike

Last night I towed a friend's WW2 Jeep from his garage to his lockup so he can start work on it. It all went fine apart from him starting it in gear and crashing it into the back of the pickup. Bent the repro Jeep front bumper and broke one of my no. plate lights :-(

It's a very original Jeep and will probably be going to W&P as is. He seems to think he shouldn't take it until it's restored but I reckon it'll cause far more of a stir covered in rust and looking like it's been dragged out of a hedge (which it was!)

No, sorry. These are from when we collected it though. It's still got all the data plates on and was UK registered. The tax disc was sometime in the 80s I think. It runs and drives but has no brakes (he's going to do them before W&P). He's fitted new tyres and some floor panels. I've told him he's very likely to get offers on it while he's driving it round and that he should seriously consider selling it, but what's something like this worth?

Hi,

i think your friend should plow all his cash in to a top rate resto :roll:

and may he could send me details of the trailer on board to give him more room in his garage :-D

Ashley

I cant believe where you are finding all this stuff from Mike, thats what I need an entry level hedge find! ;-)

These things are still out there lurking in gardens and sheds & once people know you're interested it's amazing what the grapevine brings up :-)

Ashley - the trailer is a wartime trailer pump. It's all there but stripped. One of our younger members is doing his 'apprenticeship' on it.

As for selling it - I think W&P is the way to go so keep an eye out for it there!

Does everyone remember the scene from Kellys Heros where Clint Eastwood get the German officer drunk and finds out the location of the gold............could we do the same Mike and find out the where abouts of all the vehicles he knows off??? :dunno: :whistle:

Does everyone remember the scene from Kellys Heros where Clint Eastwood get the German officer drunk and finds out the location of the gold............could we do the same Mike and find out the where abouts of all the vehicles he knows off??? :dunno: :whistle:

I put the latest find in the scrap yard finds section. You want something bigger Jack?.......