Hi folks

brh

:wave:

Hi folks

Just thought I would say a few things about me by way of introduction. Some of you have already come across me in answering my recent posts.

I live in Essex in a village near Harwich.

New to the concept of owning a MV - considering a MK1 Ferret ('cos it will fit in my garage and I like the look of them).

No regular military experience but 7 years in TA (1974 to 1981) - 5 Royal Anglian Regiment.

26 years in Essex Police Special Constabulary - still doing it.

Learning to play the trumpet and cornet and play (badly) in the Harwich Royal British Legion Brass Band and a local orchestra.

Up until recently I used to fly light aeroplanes as a hobby (PPL) but unfortunately the licence has lapsed - on my to do list to get it revalidated but if I buy a Ferret I don't know that I will be able to afford both (Oh for that lottery win) - ho hum.

I have always enjoyed vintage vehicles and aeroplanes - they have character unlike many modern designs.

This is a brilliant and sociable site - long may it reign.

Regards

Brian

Welcome Brian and great intro!

There is more than enoughinformation and people on here to answer any of your questions so please do keep firing away. Ferrets seem to be a popular choice here......reckon it is the sound of the engine?!

As Rick says, I have your locker key here, the dancing girls are in the fridge and the beer will be around later - or is the other way around :dunno:

Cheers and good luck.

Jack. :dunno:

Hi Brian and welcome!

I've leased the Dancing Grils to a different site I'm administrating so you'll have to do without them for a while but I'll try to get them back as soon as possible.

Hi Brian.

welcome the EMVF.. no Jack not a spelling mistake... just thought with the amount of Essex lads on here it may be more appropriate :whistle:

Joris,

can I request a transfer & work on your other site, I don't mind looking after the girls :-D

Brian,

I suggest you go along to a few shows, there are plenty down in the South East. You will find MV owners are mostly a friendly bunch and will be more than willing to show you round a Ferret. I bought mine as a wreck when I was 18 and have been showing it for the last 5 years. I don't think I'll ever be able to sell it!

Chris

Hi Brian.

welcome the EMVF.. no Jack not a spelling mistake... just thought with the amount of Essex lads on here it may be more appropriate :whistle:

Joris and I were talking about this the other......we think we are going to introduce a quoter system to stop any hostile takeover bid. :evil: