Ferret transport

bobfett

So, as my search for a Ferret continues, an important question has appeared- who do I use to transport it?

Bearing in mind it'll be a non runner most likely, and will be being moved to Gloucestershire. Is there anyone that particularly springs to mind for such things or is it a case of enquiring around van-type transportation companies (i.e. people that move vans, not that I think it'll go into a van!)

So, as my search for a Ferret continues, an important question has appeared- who do I use to transport it?

Bearing in mind it'll be a non runner most likely, and will be being moved to Gloucestershire. Is there anyone that particularly springs to mind for such things or is it a case of enquiring around van-type transportation companies (i.e. people that move vans, not that I think it'll go into a van!)

You don't say where you will want to move it from. If it is a non-runner then you will need either a low loader or beavertail lorry with a winch or "Hiab" type loader crane. There are 4 lifting rings on the Ferret. There is no way you will push a dead Ferret ........... unless you have a rugby team hanging around with nothing to do ;). Try companies that move plant.

I used ARC recovery in Stonehouse Gloucestershire to pick my ferret up from devon , but remember if it doesn't run you'll need to get it to a main road for him to load.....no good if in a garage or field etc , as I found out after 8 hours trying to get the ferret I bought to a main road from the bottom of a single track lane in devon!!. Sorry I don't have a number as it was 5 years ago I used them. It cost 380 from dartmoor to stroud in Gloucestershire.

I used ARC recovery in Stonehouse Gloucestershire to pick my ferret up from devon , but remember if it doesn't run you'll need to get it to a main road for him to load.....no good if in a garage or field etc , as I found out after 8 hours trying to get the ferret I bought to a main road from the bottom of a single track lane in devon!!. Sorry I don't have a number as it was 5 years ago I used them. It cost 380 from dartmoor to stroud in Gloucestershire.

Bizzarely I bought my ferret from stonehouse / Stroud about 6 years ago. The seller recommended a local HGV transport and I had brought up as a part load on a HGV to yorkshire, cost about the same, 350-400 ish. The seller drove it on and I drove it off. i can check who it was when i go home.