300 x GKN Saxon AT105 at Withams

mill comms

Hi,

I went to Withams today to look at the vehicles.

Not in the tender sale yet, but they are taking delivery of 300 Saxon AT 105 Armoured Personnel Carriers.

They have just been totally refurbished to NEW standards and they failed a Stability Roll Test so the entire Fleet of Saxon AT105s is going to Withams.

With 300 for sale i think there will be a few in the next tender sale.

Intersting to see how Paul prices them. :schocked:

Do you know if these are the original Saxon AT105 APCs or the Saxon Patrol APCs with Cummins engine deployed in N.Ireland?

I do think they are horrible things. They have such poor visibility, in that you see a rather windswept commander stood in the turret even driving along the motorway. They are cumbersome & have a much wider turning circle than the Pig they replaced.

Pete,

Not all of them have been refurbished, you saw the 4 'new' ones by the sales office. From what I was told they will be priced about £30k. Good, clean vehicles will be about £15k with the cheaper vehicles going in tenders etc at £5-7k. 300 will take a while to get rid of, the ones to look out for are the half a dozen or so REME vehicles with winches.

Chris

Chris,

It might be difficult to Export these vehicles if they have a stability problem?

Did you see the Experimental CVRT Spartan with rubber tracks,That was one cool looking piece of kit.

Also the yellow CVRT experimental thingy...

Your Scrapyard Pictures look great,do you know how much they want for the Spartan?

Pete,

Those scrap Spartans will be expensive, and they're totally bashed about now. Anything worthwhile has been stripped.... :-D and the stuff thats still on them is either bent, broken or smahed. If you want a Spartan, Sultan, Samson or Samaritan I can probably help though. They will be more expensive than Withams were charging, but they will also be nicer.

As for the price of that Spartan at Withams? I'm not sure as I didn't ask. It did look interesting though, and would be easy enough to swap to standard track if the experimental stuff caused a problem. It was fully loaded with ballast though! The yellow Scorp hull also looked like a track/suspension trails vehicle. It was certainly a mess.

Chris