WWII lend&lease vehicles restoration

Ondrej

Hello Ondrej,

Welcome, the problem is finding WW2 Lend/Lease vehicles in the first place. The relatively few vehicles that found their way into private hands were worked VERY hard, and spare parts were of course very difficult, if at all possible, to find. The few that remain are both expensive and usually there's not much left of them. I worked in the mid 1990's for a company that did business with Russia and was offered WW2 Jeeps, German tanks, and lots of other items. It turned out in the end to be either post war vehicles, i.e. the Gaz 67B the seller said he had, turned out to be a 1950's Gaz 69, and so on. Once is was offered a Studebaker US6, which was a total wreck, no engine/gearbox, the rear axles were missing and the cab was 70-80% rusted away, still he wanted the same money as I would pay for a completely restored one in the West. So I said no thank you....

I would rather buy a nice Dodge WC, GMC CCKW or other vehicle that was part of the lend-lease program, and restore it as a Soviet army vehicle. I know a guy in Poland who can supply you with plaques in the Russian language, as per how they were equipped during the war[ATTACH=CONFIG]98032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]98033[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]98031[/ATTACH]

Good luck,

Goran N