Made some (non pink) bench-cusions yesterday

Joris

Yesterday with the help of my neighbour we made some cusions for the benches in the Dodge. Was quite easy actually, you take one piece of foam, one piece of wood and some old canvas. Put them all together et voila!

They're a good idea, I might have a go at making some.

A bit less traumatic on the passengers posteriors...

Incidentally did you know that there is a medical condition known as a Pilodynal Sinus (basically a badly ingrown/damaged hair root that causes an abcess & extrememe discomfort in the, well bot crack)

What the hell has this got to do with it you ask...

During the war this was a common problem among drivers and became known (to the allies at least) as 'Jeep Arse' (or 'Jeep Ass') depending which side of the pond you were from.

So there y'go

Now where did that pink cusion go...

Incidentally did you know that there is a medical condition known as a Pilodynal Sinus (basically a badly ingrown/damaged hair root that causes an abcess & extrememe discomfort in the, well bot crack)

What the hell has this got to do with it you ask...

During the war this was a common problem among drivers and became known (to the allies at least) as 'Jeep bum' (or 'Jeep Ass') depending which side of the pond you were from.

After I'd transferred out of the Royal Armoured Corps and developed a shiny patch on my trousers, one of the guys in our office in the Computer Centre went sick and ended up having an operation on his Farmer Giles, then asking me if I had ever been prone to the condition, it being known, he claimed, as Tanky's disease due to sitting for long periods on cold metal tank seats.

I replied in the negative. We had well-cushioned seats in our CVR(T)s and I knew nobody who suffered from the condition. Besides, we did everything standing up in the turret of our CVR(T)s - though I have to point out I never used the Commander's seat mod for its designed purpose, preferring to live up to the ages old question, "Do cavalrymen defecate in the woods?" Even in full NBC Red conditions, it was easier to carry out the correct NBC drills for taking a Forrest Gump than swapping seats with the commander and taking a system dump on his seat.

Note to the unaware: The CVR(T) commander's seat has a removable hole into which a bag may be inserted to create an instant cludgie.

Sorry thing was that since that day in the Computer, I have been engaged by the Farmer Giles enough times that there is now always a tube of the proverbial at hand. Mercifully, it is now three years.