Vulcan XH558 leaves RAF Waddington

Nick Johns

I know we have all heard that her flying days are numbered many times.......but this really doesnt sound good for her long term future.

She belongs up in the sky dazzling crowds around the country......Im sure i cant be the only person who will drop everything and travel a considerable distance just to marvel at the big lumbering beast gently rolling around the sky and have been fortunate enough over the past few years to see her perfroming in the skys over Southern England everytime she flew over....Lets all hope this story has a happy ending and both funding and a new suitable home can be found for her - she is such a crowd puller at shows up and down the country,it would be such a shame to see her become another static exhibition at a museum somewhere.......

I don't know about "drop everything and travel a considerable distance" but I did manage to drag myself out the office and walk round to the front of the building to watch it leave on Friday morning, along with many others on the Station I may add, well worth the effort too :)