New Ferret owner in Michigan USA

Hello fellow members,

I just purchased a Daimler MKII Ferret and am starting the restoration on it. Here is a picture as it sits.

Glad to have found this forum as there is lots of information here. Hope I can add to the discussions.

I am located in Michigan USA.

CaptMax

download14_zps9cb39ed4.jpg

Hi and welcome from a ferret Mk1/2 owner.

I see you still have the sand channels, treasure them :-)

Hopefully no one will mind me 'plugging' a couple of other sources of info and ferret owners/fans. There is a Ferret yahoo group (I'm not sure how active it is now) and a facebook group, along with the many experienced and helpful people on here.

Do you know what your getting yourself into! This is a really unhealthy passtime. It starts innocent enough with a really nice honeymoon phase at the start of the relationship, then you invest all your love and attention into her, but she just wont do what you want. You spend your nights thinking about her. She is cold, aloof and takes all your money. But when shes running well, she is the hottest thing on the street, she turns heads and you couldnt be prouder. Walk away now. Thats the only advice I will give you. hahahaha

Enjoy the old girl, its a great deal of fun, and welcome to the Ferret club.

Regards, Tim

Welcome from your neighbour to the East.

I see you only have one sand channel, is the other one part of the purchase?

I am a few hours drive east of you, there are quite a few in Ontario, Canada.

Happy to be of help if needed, drop me an email and I will give you my phone number for a chat some evening.

Robin

Thank-you for the warm welcome everyone.

Yes I will get you all the pertinent information "Toolman" Matt, as well as send you an email Robin.

I am sure I will be asking lots of questions in the next few months, I will try and use the forum search function before I do.

This is definitely going to be an adventure I am embarking upon, I have big plans for a nice restoration.

Yes the Ferret only came with one sand channel and I was happy to get that. Not sure what happened to the other.

What few items I need are mostly cosmetic and I have located several of them. First order of business is having my mechanic go over everything with me to be sure it is all in operating order. He has owned several of these and knows them in and out. I will start a new thread when I am beginning the restoration and post lots of pictures for all to see.

Regards, CaptMax

• 1 month later...

Welcome CaptMax from a fellow Michigander!

I'm here if you feel the need to commiserate over the idiosyncrasies of British MV's, or simply need help finding a local exorcist for the ferret...

I'm in NW metro Detroit.

Christos

Welcome CaptMax from a fellow Michigander!

I'm here if you feel the need to commiserate over the idiosyncrasies of British MV's, or simply need help finding a local exorcist for the ferret...

I'm in NW metro Detroit.

Christos

Christos, We have met before down at the Knob Creek show. I am a friend of Chris Dunn's and share a table there with him and Walter Neumann. I will be sure and pick your brain a bit about the idiosyncrasies of the FV701, I'm sure I will have many questions. Thank-you again everyone for the welcomes and warnings!:D

See you in October Christos!

CaptMax