XXX corps trip

I am planning to be part of the XXX corps run in Sept, intending to take my Morris C8, but rest of the group have pulled out for financial reasons, I need to get my truck from Worcester to either dover or Harwich, then home at the end of the event, is anyone else doing the same trip with room on a loader or any sensible suggestions, I've looked into beavertail hire but they seem to be few and far between now?

• 2 weeks later...

Am also taking part - and have got a low-loader pencilled in from Plymouth to Harwich (need to firm up the dates)... and looking for someone with a vehicle at most 20ft long to share the transportation costs.

Your vehicle sounds ideal - the only catch being that Worcester isnt enroute between Plymouth and Harwich and would either need a diversion - or you to drive between yours and Bristol?

Will PM you for a chat.

Tim

Other possibility is to open this to a poll - if there is enough interest to see who else is looking to share loads from where.

Loosely a starting point would geographical areas - ie South West, South Wales, South, South East, London, Midlands, East Anglia, North East, North West, North Wales, Scotland...

Then people in the same rough geographical areas can discuss options.

Depends what demand there is.

Tim

Yes I think a poll and pairing people up is a great idea as I am sure there are other vehicle owners/drivers looking for a cost effective way of getting to the departure ports. I was surprised this issue hadn't already been raised ( unless I hadn't see it elsewhere).

will pm on you regarding your route.

Edited by mikemids

• 1 month later...

Latest I heard down the grapevine (yesterday) was 11 tanks and well over a hundred other vehicles, all runners and moving in convoy. The promised 15 minute event opening barrage by 5.5's and 25 pounders is going to be a one-off worth watching on its own. Yes the Mod Edit and confusion caused by the behaviour of a certain individual has caused a lot of unpleasantness and uncertainty, but I reckon it is time to pull together, rather than bail out, and pay the respects this event is all about.

Edited by Marmite!!
Language